Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Mis-mixed Diafine
Old 03-04-2006   #1
butch

Mis-mixed Diafine

Let me guess. If some old, blundering klutz poured his B back into his A jug or vice versa. Then used the new potions to process some film about a week later, would his film strip come out of the the wash as clear as an Alligator's nicatating membrane? That dummy would probably rush a quickly shot roll of color print film to his local Wal-mart just to make sure that his shutter was not malfunctioning. He'd feel relieved that all was well with has camera and that he had some fresh stock to mix a gallon of each A and B that should last the rest of his life. Not that I know anyone that ill adapted to life. I was just curious. fricken fracking frick.

Old 03-04-2006   #2
Fedzilla_Bob
man with cat

I'm guessing you actaually mixed A and B solutions.

You need a "do over."

Oh well. time to mix new batches.

I'll probably make the same mistake one day soon.
I'm a goin fishing, yes I'm goin fishing
and my Baby goin fishing, too

Taj Mahall

My Gallery

Old 05-21-2018   #3
jbielikowski
call me Jan

ressurecting old thread so I don't post a new one:

Does anybody have an idea if I contaminated the A part with tiny bit (~50ml) of B part (I forgot to put funnel from A bottle which was already full to an empty B bottle) I should make a new one?

Old 05-21-2018   #4
Freakscene
Deregistered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbielikowski View Post
ressurecting old thread so I don't post a new one:

Does anybody have an idea if I contaminated the A part with tiny bit (~50ml) of B part (I forgot to put funnel from A bottle which was already full to an empty B bottle) I should make a new one?
Yes, you should. Even a very small amount of the B bath is enough to catalyse autoxidation of the developing agents in the A bath. Start over.

Marty

Old 05-21-2018   #5
jbielikowski
call me Jan

Thanks Marty!