shots w/nex and hexanon ar 57/1.4
Old 02-16-2011   #1
ampguy

shots w/nex and hexanon ar 57/1.4

very nice lens, relatively small and short, and focuses from about 12" to infinity, even though the first scale mark is .45m ? not sure if it was ever modified. Reminds me very much of the 75 lux...

here

Old 02-17-2011   #2
pvdhaar
Zoom with your feet!

The 0.45m mark equals 17 inch. That's 17 inch from the film plane, or in this case the sensor. The missing 5 inch could be from the front of the lens to the film plane. A 12 inch close focus distance would equate to a 0.30m setting on the lens barrel. Most standard 50mm SLR lenses go to something like .45 meters..

Nice cat photos by the way, but then I'm biased of course as I'm very fond of cats..

Peter

My Hexländer Gallery

Thanks Peter
Old 02-17-2011   #3
ampguy

Thanks Peter

I'll check with a tape measure from the sensor area, you could be right about the 17".

Thanks for checking out the photos, am glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdhaar View Post
The 0.45m mark equals 17 inch. That's 17 inch from the film plane, or in this case the sensor. The missing 5 inch could be from the front of the lens to the film plane. A 12 inch close focus distance would equate to a 0.30m setting on the lens barrel. Most standard 50mm SLR lenses go to something like .45 meters..

Nice cat photos by the way, but then I'm biased of course as I'm very fond of cats..