Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Old 06-16-2019   #41
nzeeman

leica-you will need extra speed of lens, and 40mm is perfect for travelling... i see some comments about theft and stuff like that-if you feel unsafe-get some canonet and you can be more relaxed...

Old 06-16-2019   #42
Rayt

Take the Rolleiflex.

Old 06-26-2019   #43
Creagerj
Incidental Artist

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to go with the Rolleiflex. I want to shoot medium format and it matches my personal style the best. This might not be true in Germany, but at least in the US people will stop me to ask about the camera. I use this as a chance to ask for their photo and have taken some of my favorites this way.

I'm not too worried about low light. In my experience the leaf shutter makes up for the slightly slower lens. I am also bringing a small table top tripod with a ball head and release cable just in case.

I'm a little nervous to only take one camera, but that's the cost of packing light.

Old 06-26-2019   #44
ktmrider

I have some what the same problem as I have an M2, a medium format Pentax, X100F and MP240. I will be traveling to the Philippines for a month of diving so I plan on taking an action camera and ? Leaning toward the M2 with a 50 and the X100f.

Isn't it great to have too many cameras causing a problem?

Old 06-26-2019   #45
Creagerj
Incidental Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Isn't it great to have too many cameras causing a problem?
Indeed. I just had a moment of self reflection remembering when I first discovered this forum and dreamed of owning any of the cameras I mentioned, but did not have the means. It's a privilege to have the choice.