HU: M8 For Sale
Old 03-28-2007   #1
Gid

HU: M8 For Sale

After much deliberation and a few false starts I've decided to sell my recently acquired chrome M8. This really comes down to needs versus wants. I wanted an M8, but I don't need an M8. The R-D1 has, will and does do fine.

The problems with my first two M8s are well documented here, so it may seem odd that having finally got a good one, I've decided to sell. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I just like the ergonomics of the RD-1 more. Also, I am thinking about another film M - I've really enjoyed using my Canon F1 recently. I know, round and round in circles.

I will try and get it in the classifieds this evening. In the meantime if anyone (UK or EU based - you can buy cheaper in the US) are interested PM me. I'll probably be looking for around 2650 to include a spare battery, 43mm BW 486 IR filter, all boxes, unfilled warranty card and original receipt. I've already registered for the free filters - 39 and 46mm and these would be passed on. The camera is about 3 weeks old. You can check out the IQ in my equinox shots - see link below.

My Top Ten

Gid

Old 03-28-2007   #2
pfogle

lovely stuff, GID, sorry I can't afford your camera right now

That's my part of the country, I grew up in Bournemouth and spent lots of time around Dorset and Purbeck. Nice to see those pix!

Good luck with the camera - if you've still got it in 6 months...

My Gallery

Old 03-28-2007   #3
Grober

Tempted...

My first M8 is black; having a 2nd one in silver would make an interesting combo, yes?

-g

Old 03-28-2007   #4
Gid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfogle
lovely stuff, GID, sorry I can't afford your camera right now

That's my part of the country, I grew up in Bournemouth and spent lots of time around Dorset and Purbeck. Nice to see those pix!

Good luck with the camera - if you've still got it in 6 months...

Thanks Phil.

I know this area very well - I used to live near Romsey in Hampshire and Dorset was always a favourite day out.

My Top Ten

Gid

Old 03-28-2007   #5
Gid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober
Tempted...

My first M8 is black; having a 2nd one in silver would make an interesting combo, yes?

-g
My first two were black and I only got the chrome one because that's what the dealer had in stock. However, I have to say that I much prefer the chrome - somehow looks more like an M should and you can put chrome lenses on it and look really cool One of each is a good idea if you can afford it - of course, mine is an absolute bargain (as long as you don't live in the US)

My Top Ten

Gid

Old 03-30-2007   #6
Richard Marks
Rexel

Dear Gid
Why are you telling us all this? If it helps you thats fine, but I am utterly baffled.
Richard

Old 03-30-2007   #7
triplefinger

well, that would save you the trouble of changing the ISO setting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober
Tempted...

-g

best contact: mikematzdorff AT gmail DOT com

==========================

Canon P - nikkor 50/1.4 - fed 50/3.5 - Holga lens in M mount! GH2 VL 25/0.95 + nikons 35/2, 50/1.2, 55/1.2, 85/1.8

==========================

Old 03-31-2007   #8
Gid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Marks
Dear Gid
Why are you telling us all this? If it helps you thats fine, but I am utterly baffled.
Richard
I don't like loose ends and just wanted to make clear to anyone who might be interested that it is no longer for sale. However, it probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me therefore I've deleted the post. The not for sale message is here.

My Top Ten

Gid