How do I do an infinity test?
Old 03-29-2007   #1
CrazyCatLady

How do I do an infinity test?

I need to do an infinity test to make sure my camera is functioning normally. How would I go about doing an infinity test?

Thanks!

Old 03-29-2007   #2
OldNick

You need to focus the rangefinder on an object that is as far away as possibe, such as a building a mile away, or, at night, the moon. Take a few exposures and examine the images to see if the focus is sharp. You could also see if the rangefinder and the distance scale on the lens are in agreement at infinity. If they are not, try focusing at infinity with each and see which images are sharp.

Jim N.

Old 03-29-2007   #3
Spyderman
Ondrej P.

First tell us what camera you have but since this is in M8 forum I guess that's the camera... so I rather won't tell you to place a ground glass on the film plane