Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M Film Cameras

Old 02-04-2019   #161
Chrisx200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeT View Post
If you are lucky enough to live in Thailand, AVCamera in Bangkok have a technician who does excellent work. He did a CLA on a Leica 1 and IIIC for me and they came back like new; and has just fixed a sticking shutter on my M3, carried out a CLA, and recovered the leather (which I supplied), for $100!
i live in Bangkok,How long it takes to Cla M3 camera ?

Old 03-08-2019   #162
MJ Buckpitt

Another recommendation for Youxin Ye. I purchased a CLA through E-Bay, within 4 days he got my M3 back to me complete with a pen picture of its history and his assessment of its overall condition.

His communication from the moment I purchased his service through E-Bay to when he shipped the camera was excellent.

I've popped in a roll of Portra and it feels like a well oiled machine :-)

Old 03-10-2019   #163
Ron Montad

This might be a dumb question, but why not just send the camera to Leica for a factory authorized CLA? They still service the M2, M3, etc. Nothing wrong with going with an independent technician. I'm just wondering why going the Leica Service Center route doesn't seem to be a popular option.

Old 03-10-2019   #164
MJ Buckpitt

Ron,

That's a good question. Leica USA Web site still lists Calumet for servicing and lists others who do not advertise Leica servicing themselves.

So for me it comes down to reputation and accessability.