Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Adox Scala 160 BW Reversal Film
Old 07-10-2019   #1
ornate_wrasse

Adox Scala 160 BW Reversal Film

I was wondering if anyone has used Adox Scala 160 ISO BW Reversal Film and if they have used it what their experiences have been.

Also, I'd be interested to know of the experiences of others having this film developed at dr5 in Stuart, Iowa. This is apparently the only lab that processes this film in the US.

This film intrigues me but I'd love to hear what others have to say about it before buying it and shooting with it.

Thanks!

Ellen

www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse

Leica M9, Leica M3 - 21mm 3.4 Super Angulon, 28mm 2.8 Elmarit, 35mm Summicron, Nikkor SC 50mm 1.4, Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm 1.5, Nikkor 8.5cm 2.0

Mamiya 6 - 50mm f4, 75mm f3.5, 150mm f4.5

Fuji X-Pro1 - 16-55mm f/2.8, 27mm f/2.8

RFF Feedback: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...1931&protype=9

Old 07-10-2019   #2
steveyork

I shot a couple rolls a few years back. Couldn't develop it myself, as I recall it's positive film, so I sent it out to someone who specialized in developing it. Forget exactly who. Expensive filter developing!!! I wasn't overly impressed. The negatives had all these little dots. Rather develop my own anyway.

Addendum -- My experience was with Fomapan R100. Sorry for the mix up.

Old 07-10-2019   #3
Zonan

dr5 in Iowa is the place which processes it. Not cheap. I had used one of the Central European brands of BW Reversal stock (since discontinued), loved the results (but not cheap).