Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Photo Software

Photo Software Discussions of all the photo software - except scanning software which is in the forum with scanners.

Lightroom took over detection of SD card
Old 03-17-2007   #1
Vickko

Lightroom took over detection of SD card

Lightroom took over detection of SD card.

Previous to Lightroom, I used to stick the SD card into my laptop, find the "F drive" and drag and drop all my files off the card and into my hard-drive file.

After installing the 30 day version of Lightroom, when I stick in the SD card, it kicks up Lightroom. I have to import the files off the SD drive and into Lightroom, which is slow. And to put the files onto my hard-drive, I have to export the files, again, slow.

Setting "Preferences, File Management" to "do nothing" did not resolve this.

Find the file apdproxy.exe and changing the extension to .xxx and restarting Windows did work.

Is this your experience? I am thinking that a proper setting should have worked, and not renaming the file.

...Vick

Old 03-17-2007   #2
Joe Mondello
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickko
Lightroom took over detection of SD card.

Previous to Lightroom, I used to stick the SD card into my laptop, find the "F drive" and drag and drop all my files off the card and into my hard-drive file.

After installing the 30 day version of Lightroom, when I stick in the SD card, it kicks up Lightroom. I have to import the files off the SD drive and into Lightroom, which is slow. And to put the files onto my hard-drive, I have to export the files, again, slow.

Setting "Preferences, File Management" to "do nothing" did not resolve this.

Find the file apdproxy.exe and changing the extension to .xxx and restarting Windows did work.

Is this your experience? I am thinking that a proper setting should have worked, and not renaming the file.

...Vick
I'm on a Mac but changing the pref to "Do Nothing" does work for me. Did you check the Lightroom discussions on Adobe's support site?

40mm Nokton 1.4, 28mm Ultron 1.9, 15mm Super Wide Heliar Asph 4.5, 75mm Color Heliar 2.5, 1963 50mm Summicron DR 2.0, 35mm Summaron 3.5 with eyes, 1931 Leica I(c) Standard w/ 50mm 3.5 Elmar, I miss my stolen double stroke M3

Old 03-17-2007   #3
Gid

You can import to lightroom and copy to your hard disk in one operation - select "copy photos to a new location and import" from the top drop down on the import screen. Even if lightroom does start up on detecting a card in the car reader, its not compulsory to use it - just hit cancel and get the files off the card like you've always done.

My Top Ten

Gid

Old 03-17-2007   #4
Vickko

Thanks for the replies.
To GID, I'll try your suggestion. I've tried "cancel", and it does not open Lightroom, which is the expected operation.

The issue is that the computer doesn't show the "F Drive" folder at all when I click "My Computer", which is usually the SD card. It shows all the other drives. How can I "find" the "F Drive"?

Old 03-17-2007   #5
Gid

Try -

right click on start and then select explore

if you can't see the F:\ drive then in the explorer window type f:\ and hit enter - if it exists it will display the contents of the drive. If nothing shows up or you get the message "insert disk ..." then ......................

My Top Ten

Gid