Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Off Topic

Off Topic Feel like venting or just passing a joke? If so, do it here. Please keep it clean. Minors do visit this site.

A man walks into a camera repair shop...
Old 02-14-2004   #1
bmattock

A man walks into a camera repair shop...

One day, a man (who just happens to be a rangefinder addict), gives in to his wife's request that he sit down and sort through his old clothes - he's a pack rat and has suits dating back to the Nixon administration. He's pulling clothes out of his closet and going through pockets, preparing to donate all his old suits to charity.

Suddenly, he finds, in the pocket of a very old suit, a claim ticket for a camera repair. He looks at it closely - then he remembers! It must have been twenty years ago, he dropped off his Canonet rangefinder for repair at a local camera shop. He must have forgotten to ever pick it up! Chuckling to himself, he pockets the ticket and finishes sorting his clothes.

Later, his wife asks him to drive the massive stack of old clothes to the charity shop, which he does. He's driving through his old neighborhood, when suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he spots the very camera shop where he had dropped his Canonet off for repair those many years ago! And amazingly, the sign in the window indicates that the store is open!

He pulls in, thinking that he'll have a joke on the camera shop owner. He walks in and lays his repair ticket on the counter.

"I've come to pick up my camera," he announces to the clerk.

The clerk examines the ticket, looks shocked, then goes to find the owner of the shop. Some time passes, and then a wizened old man appears, clutching the repair ticket in his gnarled hands.

"You want to pick up this camera?" he says.

"Yes, I would," replies the jokester.

"It will be ready on Tuesday." says the old man.

"Tuesday?" queries the customer.

"Yes. I had to order a part."

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

Old 02-14-2004   #2
back alley
IMAGES

that's a good one bill!
i thought you were gonna say it was a true story & that it was you who went into the shop.

joe

Old 02-16-2004   #3
taffer
void

me too! and that the seller went into the workshop and came out with the Canonet

Old 02-17-2004   #4
SolaresLarrave
My M5s need red dots!

Talk about a looooong order...
My Nikon D700 Neophyte's Guide