Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs

Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs This is the place to talk about Photo Books, Photography Magazines, Photography Articles, as well as specialized Photo booksellers. Some books are a lot better than others, so it really does make a difference which ones you buy!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2401
kshapero
Press the Shutter

The Pioneers, David McCullough (settling the Northwest Territory)

The Big Fella, Jane Leavy (Babe Ruth and the world he created)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Cameras, Lenses and Photos

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2402
Rangefinder 35

"How to change your mind" by Michael Pollan. Very illuminating study of brain expanding drugs.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2403
Bob Michaels
nobody special

I just finished "Marianas in combat" by Teté Puebla. The Marianas were the members of the all women's "Mariana Grajales platoon" in the Cuban Revolucíon. Teté Puebla, then when 16 years old, petitioned Fidel for an all women's combat platoon. He agreed and gave them all the machine guns saying they were the best soldiers. Teté Puebla remained in the Cuba military rising to the rank of General before her retirement. And she was a pretty hot looking chick back in her youth even wearing fatigues and carrying a machine gun.

I bought the book to scan some of the photos to support my wife's two presentations, one in English and one in Spanish, about Fidel's role in the empowerment of Cuban women at the Iberoamericana Festival in Holguin, Cuba in October. I am doing a photo exhibit but expect her to be the star of the show.