Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Old 12-29-2018   #41
Pentode

Everything is in pretty consistent rotation but recently I’ve spent a little more time with several cameras: Minolta SRT-101, Pentax SV, Pentax SP-II, Zorki 3m, Praktina, Braun Super Paxette.

I realize only two of these are rangefinders but, hey, I go in phases. Six months ago I was all over the Nikon S3, the Kiev 4a and a Baldina.

Old 12-29-2018   #42
SteveM

For film, I've mostly been using an F2 with a 25-50 f4 zoom. I have much lighter film cameras but this combination is just so nice to use, and the zoom range is actually very versatile. It also makes me think how our standards have changed, because digitally, I use an Olympus OM-D E-M1 II and was recently thinking of getting either the older 12-40 f2.8 or the new 12-100 f4. Comments about the 12-100 f4 often refer to it's "heavy" weight and large size, but to get that stunning zoom range it's about the same length but lighter than the old Nikon 25-50/4. We truly carry a heavy burden for nostalgia! For the next rotation I plan to get back to the wonderful Bronica RF645.

Steve

MF : Bronica RF645, Ercona II, Franka Solida IIIe

Old 12-29-2018   #43
Eric T

I pulled out my Leica R8 this week and shot a roll of Kodak Porta 400. I don't know the results yet. I wait until I have a few rolls before I develop them.
It was fun to use with the three Leica R lenses I own: 135mm f/2.8, 28-70mm, and 21mm f/4.0.
I also took some shots with my Fijifilm GA645Zi.
This time of year, I like to shot film - not sure why. The rest of the year is almost exclusively digital.

Old 12-29-2018   #44
Papercut

Location: Westchester county, NY (and Chongqing whenever I can get there)
Oly Trip 35
M6 with 35 Summilux (original)
IIIc with Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5

(and a Sony A7ii with Olympus OM 100mm f2.8 for snaps of my dog for a thank-you card to the vets who saved his life this fall)

=========
Only connect.
=========

flickr photostream

Old 12-29-2018   #45
lynnb

Currently using OM4-Ti with Zuiko 35mm f/2 and 28mm f/2. A few rolls of HP5+ to check the camera and now a roll of new Ektachrome 100 - mostly street photos at Manly beach (tourist place) and some informal snapshot portraits of my wife, and still life (coffee cups).
Flickr

Old 12-29-2018   #46
aizan

Iíve been taking portraits with a Hasselblad 500cm and a 150mm. Just got a 250mm for tighter shots.

The Moment anamorphic and 58mm tele lenses also finally arrived, so Iíll be using my phone a lot more.

Old 12-29-2018   #47
Shac

Mainly a Sony A7R and also a Nex 6 and 5n

Old 12-29-2018   #48
bayernfan

M3 w/ 50mm, M2 w/35mm, 500CM w/60mm, Minox 35GT

I find it interesting that my preference changes so strongly from day to day.

Old 12-29-2018   #49
Ccoppola82

M2 +35mm cron v3/50mm sonnar 1.5

Instagram
Coppola_Art

Old 12-30-2018   #50
fireblade
Vincenzo.

Mainly the Leica 109. So light and versatile.
The day after Xmas i was thinking which camera should i use more since they all just sit there envious of the 109 going out daily. So i dusted the Sigma DP2M. Let's see what happens.

"No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film."

Old 12-30-2018   #51
Rayt

I am shooting with two M7s a .72x and .85x with 35mm and 50mm Summicrons. Our fridge broke and I am forced to remove all my film from the freezer some 200 rolls. I am not going to refreeze them again so will do my best to finish them in 2019. Seems I have 30 rolls of Rollei Retro 100/APX 100 I had forgotten about! My trip to Lahore Pakistan next month should take care of 40 rolls.

Old 12-30-2018   #52
gavinlg

Last few months Iíve been using exclusively an f3hp with a Nikkor-O 35mm f2 which Iíve gotta say is one hell of a lovely lens. Also have become much more comfortable with hp5 which I previously have never been able to do. Thinking I might be preferring it to tri-x but need more rolls down to make a call like that.

Old 12-30-2018   #53
robert blu
quiet photographer

Most used in the last six month were the M10 and the M7 (mainly with the 28/5.6 Summaron and the 35 cron) and some of my Polaroid/Impossible cameras. But planning and desiring to shoot more my Nikon FM2T...great small and beautiful camera

One of the next year project is to work more on some small not touristic villages far from big cities and crowded areas. It will be shot in B&W both film and digital. I'll post soon a few images in the gallery.

And inspired by the beautiful work by Chris Crawford I'll try to document my own town and its suburbs.

Greater goal would be a road trip ...

robert

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF

Old 12-30-2018   #54
_lou_

After a crash that ruined the rangefinder alignment, and a DIY fix, I'm enjoying my Zeiss Ikon ZM more than ever. I use Voigtlšnder 3.5/28mm which is a joy to operate, and the 1.5/50mm Nokton which is superb also. The low light in this season forced me into adding an old Nikn SB-26 which brings me some really nice portrait opportunities.

Old 12-30-2018   #55
kshapero
Growing with experience

Spent the weekend with my close friend's Pentax KP and a Pentax 20-40 lens. All metal, a mini tank. Nice to see Pentax still in the game with quality products.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Cameras, Lenses and Photos

Old 12-30-2018   #56
Range-rover

John I'm glad you mentioned this, I happen along to great deals in two DSLR's
a Nikon D700 and a Brand new 550 shot Nikon D2X, I used the D2X in those picture of
the SantaCon shots and the D700 here and there. Now I know why the D700 get
those prime prices used.

Old 12-30-2018   #57
umcelinho
Marcelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid View Post
Hello Marcelo. Nice to see you back on RFF.
Thanks, Raid. It's good to be back as well

I had quit rangefinders as I shot colour film and could never justify getting myself a digital rf. So I had a run with Fuji X cameras, then Sony fullframe, and ended up stumbling upon a beaten up but fully funcional MP240 in London for a price that felt reasonable. Couldn't resist it.

Old 12-30-2018   #58
raid
Dad Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range-rover View Post
a Nikon D700 and a Brand new 550 shot Nikon D2X, I used the D2X in those picture of
those prime prices used.
This morning was the first time where I used my D700. We have fog this morning, so I took many photos of birds and fishing boats and fog. The Nikon camera allowed me quick back to back images that were not possible with my M8 or M9. I used my old Nikkor 50/1.4.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 12-30-2018   #59
raid
Dad Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by umcelinho View Post
Thanks, Raid. It's good to be back as well

I had quit rangefinders as I shot colour film and could never justify getting myself a digital rf. So I had a run with Fuji X cameras, then Sony fullframe, and ended up stumbling upon a beaten up but fully funcional MP240 in London for a price that felt reasonable. Couldn't resist it.
Leica gave me a 240 for a loaner camera until they replaced the sensor in my M9. I enjoyed using the M240 for over 7 months this way.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 12-30-2018   #60
Steve M.

Not doing much shooting. Have a roll of Tri-X in the Nikon that gets a few frames shot every now and then. Will probably buy a decent size sketch pad, because at the end of the day I actually have a finished drawing or two! Quite different than my film photography, which involves so much processing before you ever get a positive image on paper.

Old 12-30-2018   #61
Phil_F_NM
Camera hacker

For a few months I have been trying to take at least one photo a day, sometimes digital, sometimes film. I've been using a Ricoh GRD IV and a number of 35mm point & shoot cameras which include: Pentax PC35AF, Nikon L35AF, Pentax IQZoom 140. I've got a couple more P&S cameras that I'm going to try fixing up to add to the stable.
What I need to do is bulk load my 5222 for shooting. Ive had the film since early October but no time to load it. Now I'm on break I have no excuses.
Phil Forrest

Old 12-30-2018   #62
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizan View Post

The Moment anamorphic and 58mm tele lenses also finally arrived, so Iíll be using my phone a lot more.
Let me know how those work out for you...if you remember.

Old 12-30-2018   #63
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range-rover View Post
those prime prices used.
Congrats Bob. The cool thing about this type of thread is the sheer amount of different gear that everyone uses. While we may not all use rangefinders anymore, I think we still are not exactly mainstream in our choices.

Old 12-30-2018   #64
webOSUser

Mostly film gear, Argus C3, Argoflex 40, Kodak 35 Rangefinder, FED2 w/I26m lens. Occasionally the Nikon dSLR.

Steve W

Old 12-30-2018   #65
dof
Fiat Lux

Lately it's been the M10-P along with the v5 50mm Summicron and 40mm Minolta Rokkor-M. The more classic rendering of these lenses along with their more modern coatings make for a look on the M10 sensor that I find highly appealing.

Old 12-30-2018   #66
Range-rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
Congrats Bob. The cool thing about this type of thread is the sheer amount of different gear that everyone uses. While we may not all use rangefinders anymore, I think we still are not exactly mainstream in our choices.
Your right John, it's a great thread to learn what everyone uses and
how.

Old 12-30-2018   #67
maigo

Today I've got these cameras loaded with film: Canon P with Serenar 35/2.8 FP4 for B&W on brighter days, Konica Auto S3 with TMax400 for dimmer days, Olympus 35EC with XP2 for testing the camera after fixing the meter and cleaning it up, GA645 with Fuji Pro400H leftover from fall. Finally there is the Pentax SP1000 with 55mm/2 loaded with TMAX3200 at 1600 for pouring rain days and indoors.

I shot Christmas Day with the NEX-7 and Sony-Zeiss 24/1.8.

Tomorrow is forecast to be clear and sunny so I might go walkabout with the Pentax ESII w/SMC 50/1.4 and 28/3.5 and, for the first time, Ektachrome E100.

Later this week I will take the XP2 out of the 35EC and put it some other P&S cameras (Minolta AF-C, Ricoh FF90) for testing and then drop off for developing.

Michael.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-30-2018   #68
Bill Clark

Recently spent 9 days with our daughter and her family. They live in LaCanada Ca, a town near Pasadena.

Used Leica M-4 for black and white.

Digital iPad mini and iPhone. Used iPad mini and made photos of her family for their holiday card.

Fun and lots of smiles.

Old 12-31-2018   #69
lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbharrill1 View Post
Today I just used a new to me fuji gw690 ii 90mm. Very excited to be scanning these negatives in.
The big Fujis are wonderful and I'm sure you'll enjoy the results. Favourite film for mine is TMY2 - super sharp and grain free but still with that 'film look' that I like.

Old 12-31-2018   #70
lawrence

For me, this has been the 'Year of SLRs', starting off with my old Nikon FM2n and then moving on to the new (for me) Olympus OM2n. Got to say that the Oly is a fantastically well-designed camera with every detail carefully considered, however the jury's still out on the lenses, which seem to work best at smaller apertures. Something had to give for the small size, I suppose. For digital I mainly use a Fujifilm X30, which is good for everything except low light.