A6500 with Leica M & R Lenses
Old 01-22-2018   #1
Keith (M)

A6500 with Leica M & R Lenses

Experimenting! Last week I bought a Sony A6500 mirrorless APS-C camera in order to lighten my load when strolling about doing touristy things. The A6500 has IBIS and I was interested to see how my Leica manual lenses would work on the camera, so added a suitable Novoflex adaptor. Initially I tried Leica-M 35, 50 & 135mm (52, 75 & 210mm on the Sony) and was delighted with the results. Anyway, it just so happens I also have Leica-R lenses and the adaptor to use them on the M camera. Hmmm - so by stacking the two adaptors I fitted my 60mm Macro Elmarit-R to the Sony. Taking advantage of the IBIS function below is hand-held image at 1/40sec & min focus distance. OoC .jpg at ISO 6400 so had had some modest noise reduction in LR (the speckles on the pen are dust!). A6500 & lens make a pleasing combination.

Can post test images (boring shots of my bookshelf!) taken with eh three M lenses mentioned above if anyone is interested.