Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Three X100 Videos by Fuji Guys
Old 01-21-2011   #1
Quash
Registered User
 
Quash is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 31
Three X100 Videos by Fuji Guys

Fujiguys released two more videos today, for a total of three. Putting all three links here so they're easy to locate in one place.

Video #1 - Shutter and aperture demo (beeps on)
http://bit.ly/fyQRNF

Video #2 - Shutter and aperture demo (beeps turned off)
http://bit.ly/i84kY3
(Think lag will be okay; not sure if I like shutter sound)

Video #3 - Dials being rotated demo:
http://bit.ly/fFBnM3
(Love the solid clicks; I can live with focus by wire)
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #2
ZeissFan
Registered User
 
ZeissFan is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,211
If nothing else, they certainly know how to keep up the excitement level. And they're doing a great job at it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #3
Pablito
coco frío
 
Pablito's Avatar
 
Pablito is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Salsipuedes
Posts: 3,481
totally hysterical.
with each "click" the price goes up.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #4
gavinlg
Registered User
 
gavinlg's Avatar
 
gavinlg is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington NZ
Posts: 5,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito View Post
totally hysterical.
with each "click" the price goes up.
The price hasn't gone up since they said the expected rrp a few months ago.
__________________
NO PRAISE
@gavinlagrange
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #5
tapesonthefloor
Registered User
 
tapesonthefloor's Avatar
 
tapesonthefloor is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 287
You don't know that. In fact, many major retailers that provided pre-order prices have since removed them.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #6
gavinlg
Registered User
 
gavinlg's Avatar
 
gavinlg is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington NZ
Posts: 5,055
well... we'll see... I'm not worried.
__________________
NO PRAISE
@gavinlagrange
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #7
retnull
Registered User
 
retnull is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 464
Watching such intimate fondling, caressing, stroking makes me feel kinda uncomfortable. Some things should be private, no?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #8
Pablito
coco frío
 
Pablito's Avatar
 
Pablito is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Salsipuedes
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnull View Post
Watching such intimate fondling, caressing, stroking makes me feel kinda uncomfortable. Some things should be private, no?
totally weird and fetishistic.
I prefer straight up porno.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #9
Spyro
Registered User
 
Spyro is offline
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Oz
Posts: 919
get a room
__________________
Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #10
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Keith is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnull View Post
Watching such intimate fondling, caressing, stroking makes me feel kinda uncomfortable. Some things should be private, no?

I've got no problems with the camera and would happily have one, funds allowing, but this is starting to get a little nauseating!

__________________
---------------------------
flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011   #11
_larky
Registered User
 
_larky's Avatar
 
_larky is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 631
Ye, this is all getting a little odd now.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #12
totifoto
Registered User
 
totifoto's Avatar
 
totifoto is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Iceland
Posts: 510
First I was very excited about this camera, now I´m getting pissed. When are they gonna show us some samples from this camera
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #13
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer
 
videogamemaker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 289
Lots of negativity in here. If you aren't interested, stop checking this forum. It's for people who are interested, and do want to obsess over every little thing. Immature and childish? maybe, sure, but it's fun!

We're already discussing these videos in the fujiguys tweets thread, and since the mood is already sour in this one, it might be better to keep the conversation about the videos in that thread, Quash.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #14
Pablito
coco frío
 
Pablito's Avatar
 
Pablito is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Salsipuedes
Posts: 3,481
Actually the conversation refers specifically to the videos. I don't find the mood sour at all; rather, humorous. And with a fair share of frustration at the manufacturer. Personally, I find the fetishizing of this "object of desire" quite fascinating. Seems to be an utterly male phenomenon and tied to the notion of "hobby". Or the relation between "hobby" and personal identity or something like that. I can relate to that but not in photography, since I make my living at it. To me, cameras are just a means to and end and this Fuji thing is interesting enough but not an obsession as it seems to be for so many. But I'm not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with that. I have experienced similar "hobby" obsessions, for instance when I used to build my own bicycles or tend several big aquariums of fancy and very expensive Chinese goldfish. Anyway, the thread is about the videos, why not discuss the videos in a broader sociological context?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #15
GSNfan
-
 
GSNfan is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamemaker View Post
Lots of negativity in here. If you aren't interested, stop checking this forum. It's for people who are interested, and do want to obsess over every little thing. Immature and childish? maybe, sure, but it's fun!

We're already discussing these videos in the fujiguys tweets thread, and since the mood is already sour in this one, it might be better to keep the conversation about the videos in that thread, Quash.
Don't you feel by being so controlling of X100 discussions, you're actually adding to feelings of hostility towards Fuji X100 and the way its marketed?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #16
Rogier
Rogier Willems
 
Rogier's Avatar
 
Rogier is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 1,185
Mechanical masturbation....
__________________
Smiles across the wires,


Rogier Willems


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogierwillems/

http://www.scooter-it.com
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #17
Jamie123
Registered User
 
Jamie123 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,783
They should definitely use a hand model next time. The nails on this guy are pretty awful and defnitely not fit for a close-up.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #18
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer
 
videogamemaker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSNfan View Post
Don't you feel by being so controlling of X100 discussions, you're actually adding to feelings of hostility towards Fuji X100 and the way its marketed?
No? It's really tiresome, and I'd much prefer if the moderators deleted no-content posts. I think the feelings of those who post on topic in a sub forum should come above those who want to disparage unchecked. I should ignore it though and post on topic, which is what I try to do, but not always successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito View Post
Actually the conversation refers specifically to the videos. I don't find the mood sour at all; rather, humorous. And with a fair share of frustration at the manufacturer. Personally, I find the fetishizing of this "object of desire" quite fascinating. Seems to be an utterly male phenomenon and tied to the notion of "hobby". Or the relation between "hobby" and personal identity or something like that. I can relate to that but not in photography, since I make my living at it. To me, cameras are just a means to and end and this Fuji thing is interesting enough but not an obsession as it seems to be for so many. But I'm not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with that. I have experienced similar "hobby" obsessions, for instance when I used to build my own bicycles or tend several big aquariums of fancy and very expensive Chinese goldfish. Anyway, the thread is about the videos, why not discuss the videos in a broader sociological context?
Well, I agree. I think the fetish-izing of mechanical construction, while maybe not particular male (I know of several women who are like this, but they are certainly not the norm), it is fascinating! How something like the construction can totally change the user experience. I would think it would be very on-topic for RFF where it's arguable that the mechanical construction is a big draw of the rangefinder experience.

That said, I don't really feel much if any of that from these videos. If I think back on it, they do look well constructed and click well, but it wasn't "slick" enough to make the (in need of manicure) fingers disappear and allow me to focus on the construction. The videos are interesting (to some) because they give a rough idea of volume level in operation and shutter lag, both features important to camera buyers, and statistics not released yet in marketing material. Also because the camera isn't out yet to try, and this is the only trickle of information for those of us who are too obsessed to forget about it till launch day.

On the off-topic of bicycles, I used to do all my own maintenance as a teenager, and I found to my horror the inability to true my wheel recently. I used to be able to do it with two rocks and 5 minutes, and now I had to go buy a tool and dig deep in the memory. It was horrible, I'm getting old.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #19
GSNfan
-
 
GSNfan is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito View Post
Actually the conversation refers specifically to the videos. I don't find the mood sour at all; rather, humorous. And with a fair share of frustration at the manufacturer. Personally, I find the fetishizing of this "object of desire" quite fascinating. Seems to be an utterly male phenomenon and tied to the notion of "hobby". Or the relation between "hobby" and personal identity or something like that. I can relate to that but not in photography, since I make my living at it. To me, cameras are just a means to and end and this Fuji thing is interesting enough but not an obsession as it seems to be for so many. But I'm not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with that. I have experienced similar "hobby" obsessions, for instance when I used to build my own bicycles or tend several big aquariums of fancy and very expensive Chinese goldfish. Anyway, the thread is about the videos, why not discuss the videos in a broader sociological context?
I don't think its too complicated to figure out the appeal of such videos and X100 itself.

X100 is a digital affordable Leica, plain and simple. A Leica is desired because it was the camera of jet-setting, globe-trotting photographers of the past - HCB, Ralph Gibson etc... It represented the life-style of a refined and cultured man who had a good bank balance, and a taste for adventure. A Leica in your hand, lets say in 60s and 70s meant you were actually somebody, while during 80s it meant you were part of the successful nouveau riche.

That aura still prevails, and people buy into it, because people are the same. Throughout history there was Leica sort of things that man aspired to owning. It is all simply about social status and male territorial displays. How do you differentiate yourself from the countless horde? You buy a Leica, a Harley Davidson, a Porsche. When you can do that, you're a success.

However, the only problem is that these days any kid with a part-time job and a $1000 credit card limit can buy a Leica M body in pretty decent condition. Ebay is full of Leica cameras and lenses and so is the classified in here. Then why still the mystique? Its because a majority of Leica cameras are film cameras. Film is still associated with art photography and photographers of the past. Using a Leica M is connecting to the past of photography itself, that very idea makes a Leica still a status symbol, not materially but artistic.

Fuji wants some of that Leica action with this dinky little camera called X100, and they're doing everything to play into that irrational psyche of man that wants to differentiate himself from others by 'products'. Are they succeeding, yes they're. Even if X100 lags like hell and has major flaws people still will buy it, so they could put it on the table in their local Starbucks. or do one of those show-and-tell things in a 'get-togather'. If Sigma could sell its overpriced and under-performing DP1 and 2, why not Fuji can do the same with a much better looking camera?

These videos might seem annoying and silly to some, but in fact they're extremely clever and subliminal. The annoyance that people feel by watching these videos is simply because of their inability to do the tests themselves.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #20
rover
Moderator
 
rover's Avatar
 
rover is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Connecticut
Age: 53
Posts: 13,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamemaker View Post
No? It's really tiresome, and I'd much prefer if the moderators deleted no-content posts. I think the feelings of those who post on topic in a sub forum should come above those who want to disparage unchecked.
Moderators delete all post other than those who agree with you? No, I think it would be more likely for redundancy to be reduced. Everyone is just expressing opinions, nobody says they have to agree with you, and they all are welcome. All of our opinions are just as wrong as everyone else's. You are going to have to accept that.
__________________
Dad with a Camera

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #21
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer
 
videogamemaker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSNfan View Post
I don't think its too complicated to figure out the appeal of such videos and X100 itself.

X100 is a digital affordable Leica, plain and simple. A Leica is desired because it was the camera of jet-setting, globe-trotting photographers of the past - HCB, Ralph Gibson etc... It represented the life-style of a refined and cultured man who had a good bank balance, and a taste for adventure. A Leica in your hand, lets say in 60s and 70s meant you were actually somebody, while during 80s it meant you were part of the successful nouveau riche.

That aura still prevails, and people buy into it, because people are the same. Throughout history there was Leica sort of things that man aspired to owning. It is all simply about social status and male territorial displays. How do you differentiate yourself from the countless horde? You buy a Leica, a Harley Davidson, a Porsche. When you can do that, you're a success.

However, the only problem is that these days any kid with a part-time job and a $1000 credit card limit can buy a Leica M body in pretty decent condition. Ebay is full of Leica cameras and lenses and so is the classified in here. Then why still the mystique? Its because a majority of Leica cameras are film cameras. Film is still associated with art photography and photographers of the past. Using a Leica M is connecting to the past of photography itself, that very idea makes a Leica still a status symbol, not materially but artistic.

Fuji wants some of that Leica action with this dinky little camera called X100, and they're doing everything to play into that irrational psyche of man that wants to differentiate himself from others by 'products'. Are they succeeding, yes they're. Even if X100 lags like hell and has major flaws people still will buy it, so they could put it on the table in their local Starbucks. or do one of those show-and-tell things in a 'get-togather'. If Sigma could sell its overpriced and under-performing DP1 and 2, why not Fuji can do the same with a much better looking camera?

These videos might seem annoying and silly to some, but in fact they're extremely clever and subliminal. The annoyance that people feel by watching these videos is simply because of their inability to do the tests themselves.
You are describing only one type of customer. For every person that buys a leica for the status symbol, there is another that genuinely likes it for the functionality. It's easy to say these exact same things about Apple products, yet the few I have ended up buying have very nice hardware features and are made well. Is there marketing and hype and implied image? yes, but there is also a physical product present as well, and it is possible to also be a good physical product under that image.

A leica look means nothing to me. I've never had one, never shot with one, I don't particularly like many famous photographers known for shooting a leica. That said, I want an m9 because of it's size and the images it can make and the lens options you can mount on it. I don't buy it because I just don't want to sink that much money right now in a camera product.

The X100's design is secondary to it's size, built in viewfinder, and sensor size to a good many people. In fact I haven't seen on any forum, youtube comment, blog, or tweet someone raving over the design only.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #22
sper
-
 
sper is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 505
It's going to be expensive. Not as expensive as the X1, but more expensive than a M4/3rds. Why isn't that good enough for everyone?

$1,300 is my stop pay number. I don't think it's going to be that high, but if it is, and it performs everything it says it will, then it will be still worth it. This camera will be a perfect compliment to my 5D2.

I can't wait. I don't see what the arguments are about, really. If you think this camera is too expensive go buy a D7000, D90, 60D, EP-2, or T2I... Oh wait, all these cameras are similar in price to the Fuji. This is what nice cameras cost! It's the pro camera price tag without the Leica premium.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #23
pachuco
El ****
 
pachuco's Avatar
 
pachuco is offline
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 721
I hope it comes in all black or a darker gray.
__________________
Now an ordained Dudeist Priest

Website: www.jcdphotographer.com


flickr



  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #24
_larky
Registered User
 
_larky's Avatar
 
_larky is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 631
I've re-decided that I'm very excited by this camera. In fact I'm off to the cashpoint to add to my wad of X100 release day cash.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #25
GSNfan
-
 
GSNfan is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 39
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamemaker View Post
You are describing only one type of customer. For every person that buys a leica for the status symbol, there is another that genuinely likes it for the functionality. It's easy to say these exact same things about Apple products, yet the few I have ended up buying have very nice hardware features and are made well. Is there marketing and hype and implied image? yes, but there is also a physical product present as well, and it is possible to also be a good physical product under that image.

A leica look means nothing to me. I've never had one, never shot with one, I don't particularly like many famous photographers known for shooting a leica. That said, I want an m9 because of it's size and the images it can make and the lens options you can mount on it. I don't buy it because I just don't want to sink that much money right now in a camera product.

The X100's design is secondary to it's size, built in viewfinder, and sensor size to a good many people. In fact I haven't seen on any forum, youtube comment, blog, or tweet someone raving over the design only.
Functionality limitation of RF cameras resulted in SLR introduction. So, anyone who pretends to buy a Leica for functionality is simply fooling themselves. Buying a Leica to make use of expensive Leica lenses can be a good argument but you can do that in film with other M mount bodies and in digital with Sony Nex, which has a far better sensor than M8/M8.2 and better ISO performance than M9.

Despite all of what I said, my dream kit still is a MP and 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH. Not because of functionality or even image quality but simply for its sheer indulgence and bragging rights. I consciously want that bragging right as a reward to myself and i think there is nothing wrong with that. had I been coy and pretended that i want that combo because of better pictures, functionality, stealth and so on then I'd be either ignorant or simply making excuses.


You want an M9 for its size? That is the best reason to own a $7000 camera, size? You see, its all goes back to that differentiation form the horde thing... But anyway, reading that Garry Winogrand interview in the other thread sort of was a reminder and a kick in the butt... Its not about gear, its about that photo of a gas station by Robert Frank, a photo of nothing, yet at the same time a perfect photograph.

Cheers. gtg
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #26
Frankie
Speaking Frankly
 
Frankie is offline
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 753
A camera is a camera. Its form factor evolved over a long time into the two or three dominant types today...RF or SLR.

RF is a flat box...rounded ends Leica-styling notwithstanding. SLR is also a box...but with a bloated center and a big hump on top.

Fuji chose the RF box type for the X100...what is the big debate?

Famous-by-association is self-consciousness exemplified. So and so being called a "Leica Photographer" means what?...that he photographs Leica [stuff] only, that Leica employs him, or that his wonderful pictures can only be made with a Leica......
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #27
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer
 
videogamemaker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSNfan View Post
Functionality limitation of RF cameras resulted in SLR introduction. So, anyone who pretends to buy a Leica for functionality is simply fooling themselves. Buying a Leica to make use of expensive Leica lenses can be a good argument but you can do that in film with other M mount bodies and in digital with Sony Nex, which has a far better sensor than M8/M8.2 and better ISO performance than M9.

You want an M9 for its size? That is the best reason to own a $7000 camera, size? You see, its all goes back to that differentiation form the horde thing...

Cheers. gtg
Yes I do want an M9 because of size. I do not buy it because of the price. How is that logically inconsistent? If it were 2,000, I would buy it, and it compares very nicely image wise with other cameras of that cost. That's not to say I don't have the money. I could have a porsche, a rolex, and an M9 and sip coffee in shops with them on display if I wanted to, but I put my priorities into saving, traveling, and other higher priorities. I think you are projecting your own mentality as a universal that everyone adheres to.

Trying to say a dslr does everything better than an RF and there is no reason to buy one other than bragging rights is ridiculous. Tradition, habits, favorite lenses, non-existent depreciation, already having a hand-me-down from dad, etc are all legitimate reasons to use an Leica. The Nex neuters the fov of lenses, bumping all those beautiful wide lenses into normals. It has a good sensor, but not that great of an interface, even with the new firmware you are diving into menus and using small buttons rather than physical controls. It's a good camera, but to say it's superior to the M9 in every way for every person is absurd.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #28
keithdunlop
www.keithdunlop.com
 
keithdunlop's Avatar
 
keithdunlop is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA USA
Age: 54
Posts: 93
Responding just to what the demos show . . .

1. You better be able to very easily disable that super-annoying shutter click beep.
2. Shutter lag seems very minimal.
3. Shutter seems very quiet.
3. Camera seems well built with positive clicks on the dials.
4. It's too bad that the aperture ring runs in the opposite direction of the Zeiss ZM and Leica lens that I use on my M6.

So mechanically, the camera appears well-built. Now what Fuji really needs to do is show some sample images at all ISO settings. Image quality will be the ultimate determiner if it's something that I would integrate into my everyday work.
__________________
Keith Dunlop Photography
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406 USA
http://www.keithdunlop.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/keith.dunlop.photographer
Twitter: keithdunlop_com
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #29
willie_901
Registered User
 
willie_901's Avatar
 
willie_901 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSNfan View Post
But anyway, reading that Garry Winogrand interview in the other thread sort of was a reminder and a kick in the butt... Its not about gear, its about that photo of a gas station by Robert Frank, a photo of nothing, yet at the same time a perfect photograph.

Cheers. gtg
Exactly.

The X-100 appears to have the attributes I want in an every day camera. This means I will make more photographs.

o easy to carry

o compatible with manual operation

o acceptable sensor size

o today's sensor technology means color images at ISO 800 should be clean and hold shadow detail (and ISO 1600 could be printable for B&W work)

o lens with an angle-of-view I enjoy

o acceptable lens speed

o Fuji has made great lenses in the past. This prior information and custom micro-lens design indicates (to me) a high probability of adequate image quality

o camera will not attract attention, so Winogrand-style fast operation is possible

I can't find much information that indicates the the X-100 will not be a great tool for many of my photography projects. It will replace the D200 I carry daily with a 28/2.8 AIS lens. It should do a much better job than the D200. (By the way, I don't use the 24/2.8 on the D200 because that lens flares too easily, but I would if it didn't). I realize my work has suffered with the D200 because it is just too large and heavy to wrestle out of the bag sometimes.

I love film and use it for one of my projects. However I believe that the growth of smart phone ownership will kill off the remaining outlets for retail film processing in my area. I sold all my quality film gear (ZM with Zeiss and CV lenses, Nikon F3) for this reason. I tried micro 4/3 for a year (G1) but I could not abide the RAW file quality (inadequate dynamic range and shadow detail) and large DOF. I missed the manual shutter speed and lens aperture controls. I did find the auto-zoom manual focus by wire though the best manual focus method I've tried so far.

I could care less about the marketing strategy. I only care about finally having an everyday camera that meets the majority of my needs. The more I enjoy the tools I use, the more work I do.

While it is possible the X-100 will have a significant flaw, I find no evidence right now to indicate it will. This is why I pre-ordered the X-100 through Precision-Camera.
__________________
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #30
tbarker13
shooter of stuff
 
tbarker13's Avatar
 
tbarker13 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,669
I don't mind all the hype. It's kind of fun to see a company get this excited about a new offering. I think I'd really like to own one. But I don't see it happening - at that price point for a fixed lens camera.

If I didn't have an M8, I might think differently.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #31
M4streetshooter
Tourist Thru Life
 
M4streetshooter's Avatar
 
M4streetshooter is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pa 19111
Age: 69
Posts: 604
There doesn't seem to be 1/2 stop clicks unless I missed something.
I don't know do I. I'm sure that could be done digitally but to have a click on the aperture ring should do 1/2 stops.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2011   #32
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer
 
videogamemaker is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4streetshooter View Post
There doesn't seem to be 1/2 stop clicks unless I missed something.
I don't know do I. I'm sure that could be done digitally but to have a click on the aperture ring should do 1/2 stops.
Good observation. I think the in between stops might be available in A (auto) mode for the camera to choose from.

As someone who's never worked with a lens with manual aperture, is 1/2 clicks useful? I normally choose aperture in such a way I feel it's no problem, but I just don't know.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 17:05.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.