Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Sample shots
Old 02-06-2011   #1
BMacW

Sample shots

EDIT: These are said NOT to be the shots from x100, I drew my own conclusion based on the shots and the poses. If you feel offended/cheated, I'm sorry. At lease we know some one has a working model in NYC and took some pictures with it.

According this guy. He won't release any shots until Tuesday. That's when the CP+ show in Japan starts.

I'm pretty sure Fuji will release some sample images by then themselves.

http://brandonremler.blogspot.com/20...-shooting.html

Last edited by BMacW : 02-06-2011 at 11:17.

Old 02-06-2011   #2
Krzys

Read the blog - the shots above were not taken with an x100.

Old 02-06-2011   #3
BMacW

look at the pictures. It's on the LCD

I'm not trying to over analyzing the situation. This is 'preview of the shoot we are editing today for our fashion shoot' , they were shooting with the x100, as you can see in the image.

All the posted pictures have been resized and have their exif wiped, so I can't know for sure. At least we have a place to check out real photos on Tuesday.

Last edited by BMacW : 02-06-2011 at 10:54.

Old 02-06-2011   #4
urje

there's a picture of that same woman on the LCD of the x100. i hope you don't call the image on the LCD a 'sample shot'. Also, what krzys said, read the blog. it's just one line of text...

Old 02-06-2011   #5
BMacW

Quote:
Originally Posted by urje View Post
there's a picture of that same woman on the LCD of the x100. i hope you don't call the image on the LCD a 'sample shot'. Also, what krzys said, read the blog. it's just one line of text...
I don't want to overstating the obvious.

"Kayce was the photog today - I shot the shoot coverage"

Kayce, is shooting with the x100, Brandon (author) shot the coverage shots.

Maybe he just doesn't want make the same mistake of posting/claiming images from the x100 without Fuji's blessing.

Anyways, to me the clues are in the pictures. You are guys can be the wise/objective. I'm okay being the idiot playing detective here

Old 02-06-2011   #6
monochromejrnl

I find it interesting that despite it having an OVF, the photog with the X100 in hand chooses to use the camera at arm's length and compose on the LCD screen.
here is the dilemma and the strength of photography... it is the easiest medium in which to be competent, but it is the hardest medium in which to have a personal vision that is readily identifiable... Chuck Close

we search for truth, sometimes we find beauty - Lisette Model

Old 02-06-2011   #7
f16sunshine

Percpective distortion in the samples posted is terrible. Very poor use of this camera IMO.

Old 02-06-2011   #8
urje

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW View Post
I don't want to overstating the obvious.

"Kayce was the photog today - I shot the shoot coverage"

Anyways, to me the clues are in the pictures. You are guys can be the wise/objective. I'm okay being the idiot playing detective here
Ah I see what you mean, but unfortunately I can't believe you're right. As far as I can judge, all these images look too much alike to be shot with different cameras: look at the rendering of the OOF wall in the various shots. Since some of those shots have the x100 in them, they are not shot with that camera. So either they had two x100s among them, or these aren't x100 samples.

... just my two cents.

Old 02-06-2011   #9
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer

Who is this person that is getting an early production model? Apparently she's the same woman from this engadget video, Kayce Baker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6dt1InIg4

Very odd she is holding it at arm's length. Also using a pocket wizard, but the lighting in the shot is forming a harsh nose shadow. Is she using a bare bulb flash with no umbrella or softbox? Why is she putting the lens so close? A much more pleasing perspective would be gotten with it a bit further back, and would show more people how their shots using 35 would look like. (very few people desire the kind of distortion you get in faces with a 35mm lens that close)

It seems like she is head of marketing for Fuji, but I really hope that the first samples released are taken by someone who excels not only at photography in general, but is a 35mm lens kind of person. Not saying she is a bad photographer, but it's just weird she's both head of marketing AND the best photographer to show off this camera with launch images. (If that is what is going to happen)

Last edited by videogamemaker : 02-06-2011 at 16:14.

Old 02-06-2011   #10
Thardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochromejrnl View Post
I find it interesting that despite it having an OVF, the photog with the X100 in hand chooses to use the camera at arm's length and compose on the LCD screen.
Probably to preserve some semblance of personal space. If the OVF was used the photographer could almost kiss the model. My friend asked me, why doesn't she just use a longer lens?

Flickr

Tumblr

Old 02-06-2011   #11
regularchickens

I'm more interested in the fact that that I photographed that same model a couple of months back. Wild.

What a reminder...
Old 02-06-2011   #12
Jorge-AD

Unhappy What a reminder...

An X100, a beautiful model, nice styling, an assistant with a huge diffuser, and they still managed to produce a uninspiring, distorted and depth-lacking image (in the X100 LCD, at the blog).

Hopefully by tuesday we shall have something, not only more technically suggestive of the cameras performance, but inspirational as well.

Old 02-07-2011   #13
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge-AD View Post
An X100, a beautiful model, nice styling, an assistant with a huge diffuser, and they still managed to produce a uninspiring, distorted and depth-lacking image (in the X100 LCD, at the blog).

Hopefully by tuesday we shall have something, not only more technically suggestive of the cameras performance, but inspirational as well.
You'd think there would be a line of willing photographers in NYC with portfolios of 35mm fov work who would be willing to do some promotional shots with a pre-production model, photographers with the ability to really show off what it can do and make some inspirational images.

Leica had it right with the m9 and those wonderful photographs of the young boxer and his girlfriend. They really showcased the camera, were unique, and were of the type of photos many Leica customers would want to be taking.

This just reinforces my many year experience that marketing people rarely hold their positions for competence and ability. Let's hope Fuji HQ is doing something higher quality that will be released, because this has been the most poorly done pre teaser stuff for the x100 I've seen so far.

Old 02-07-2011   #14
videogamemaker
icelandic_photographer

Lol, wonder if someone is reading the various forums (including RFF) from the blog, because I could have sworn this image wasn't up last night. It's almost like the photographer had to go back and search through for an image with the OVF being used.

Old 02-07-2011   #15
Thardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamemaker View Post
Lol, wonder if someone is reading the various forums (including RFF) from the blog, because I could have sworn this image wasn't up last night. It's almost like the photographer had to go back and search through for an image with the OVF being used.

That's pretty funny.

Flickr

Tumblr