6-bit flange milling
Old 01-25-2019   #1
AusDLK
Famous Photographer

6-bit flange milling

Is John Milich still in the 6-bit coding business?

I have a 28mm Elmarit that I'd like to add the 6-bit encoding.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-25-2019   #2
Freakscene
Deregistered user

John Milich died https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sunset-...ssed-away.html, so he isn’t in business any more.

Edit: seems like http://productanddesign.com/camera_lens_adapters.html suggests John’s company may still do the work, but I haven’t used them, or contacted them. I’d like a couple of lenses coded, so if anyone has any success, please let me know.

Marty

Old 01-25-2019   #3
Doug

Sorry to hear that John has passed away... He milled several lens flanges for me, one new lens sent directly to him from the vendor, the rest sent via DAG. Don would remove the flanges and send them to John, then reassemble and mark the coding before returning to me. I would expect DAG has an alternative source for the machining...

Old 01-27-2019   #4
BillBlackwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Sorry to hear that John has passed away... He milled several lens flanges for me, one new lens sent directly to him from the vendor, the rest sent via DAG. Don would remove the flanges and send them to John, then reassemble and mark the coding before returning to me. I would expect DAG has an alternative source for the machining...
John Milich's company is still in business - including the 6-bit coding operation. But you must go through DAG. The current owner will not take orders otherwise. Cost is around $75 (originally $25), but still a bargain compared to what Leica charges (~$300).

dagcam[at]chorus[dot]net

Old 01-27-2019   #5
AusDLK
Famous Photographer

Shocked to hear that John is dead. I met him a couple of time in Brooklyn and visited his business. Seemed like a really nice guy. I'll contact DAG and see what happens. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlackwell View Post
John Milich's company is still in business - including the 6-bit coding operation. But you must go through DAG. The current owner will not take orders otherwise. Cost is around $75 (originally $25), but still a bargain compared to what Leica charges (~$300).

dagcam[at]chorus[dot]net