Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > RFF Polls

View Poll Results: If you never post images here at RFF ... why not?
Iím only here for the information/social aspects of RFF. 27 8.94%
I donít actually take photos Ö I just like cameras. 13 4.30%
Iím not confident enough in my own work to be able to post images here. (Iím a little shy!) 19 6.29%
I post my images elsewhere Ö flickr/photobucket/blog etc. 79 26.16%
I canít get my head around the process of posting in threads or in the gallery. 70 23.18%
'I am a regular image poster here ... gallery and or threads.' 94 31.13%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Do you post images here at RFF ... if not why not?
Old 04-12-2012   #1
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Do you post images here at RFF ... if not why not?

There are a lot of members here who are very active within the forum that I never see images from ... in threads or in the gallery.

No doubt there are those who value the technical information about cameras available here and those who just like to look at others photos ... and possibly many who don't have the confidence to show their own work.

I'm curious?

Old 04-12-2012   #2
back alley
IMAGES

i post in threads but not in the gallery...i have 2 links in my sig to flickr and my image blog...

Old 04-12-2012   #3
rbelyell

i would love to post photos, and do on other sites for some reason here, ive tried a half dozen times and it never worked, except in classifieds. aint that wierd?
tony

Old 04-12-2012   #4
mackigator

For me, it's just one more thing to do - I don't like having to touch another clunky computer interface. Don't get me wrong, I am a big RFF fan. But dang it, I shot the image, I developed the image, I culled the 1 goodish photo, I scanned the image, I digital darkroomed the thing and I put it online already. On Flickr in my case. Enough.

Old 04-12-2012   #5
MCTuomey

i used to post to the gallery but consolidated my stuff at flickr

My Flickr

Old 04-12-2012   #6
redisburning
-

threads, gallery size is too small.

Old 04-12-2012   #7
dave lackey

For me, there are only a few that I care to share because what I shoot can be either personal, family or professional. I don't shoot much personal but will occasionally post what I do think is semi-interesting. I do not like to post family photos and will not post client work.

What I do post, I don't leave up very long. But then, I don't post in critique forums either. That's just me.

Dave

Old 04-12-2012   #8
kxl
Social Documentary

I just post in the threads... I have a website (see my signature) hosted by smugmug.

"... I thought the only way to give us an incentive, to bring hope, is to show the pictures of the pristine planet - to see the innocence.Ē ― Sebastiao Salgado

Old 04-12-2012   #9
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

I have my own website, so nothing in the gallery, but I frequently post in threads to show my work off and to illustrate technical stuff that people ask questions about (like what does such and such film look like in such and such developer).

Old 04-12-2012   #10
Bob Michaels
nobody special

I will include an image in a thread when I believe it illustrates the point I am making. I do have a personal website those who are interested can visit to see my work. Never posted in the gallery since that is oriented to singular images and I work on (hopefully) cohesive series.

Old 04-12-2012   #11
Chris Bail
Regular Guy

I've just started putting some of my favorites here. But mostly I post to flickr.

My Flickr

Old 04-12-2012   #12
huntjump

I wish the poll included those of us who do post in order to compare too the other categories

-Adam

Old 04-12-2012   #13
paulfish4570

i post 'em to get comments. lots more comments here than anywhere else i post. without comments, no improvement ...

Old 04-12-2012   #14
back alley
IMAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Michaels View Post
I will include an image in a thread when I believe it illustrates the point I am making. I do have a personal website those who are interested can visit to see my work. Never posted in the gallery since that is oriented to singular images and I work on (hopefully) cohesive series.
i highly recommend a tour of bob's website!

Old 04-12-2012   #15
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntjump View Post
I wish the poll included those of us who do post in order to compare too the other categories

True ... I thought about that.

But if you hang around here long enough you start to notice the active individuals. There are many I have never seen an image from and I always wonder why. Though I often follow links in their sigs if they're there!

If a mod feels like adding the catagory you've suggested I wouldn't be averse to that.

Old 04-12-2012   #16
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfish4570 View Post
i post 'em to get comments. lots more comments here than anywhere else i post. without comments, no improvement ...

+1 from me on that Paul ... I really value the feedback I get from the community here.

Old 04-12-2012   #17
back alley
IMAGES

If a mod feels like adding the catagory you've suggested I wouldn't be averse to that....

give me the phrase and i can add it.

Old 04-12-2012   #18
Warren T.

I post a few in threads as examples, but the majority of my pictures go to one or all of my three photo blogs. I do have some in the galleries here, but it's been a while since I added to them.

--Warren

Old 04-12-2012   #19
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by back alley View Post
If a mod feels like adding the catagory you've suggested I wouldn't be averse to that....

give me the phrase and i can add it.

Thanks Joe.

'I am a regular image poster here ... gallery and or threads.'

Old 04-12-2012   #20
Jack Conrad

I post images here. Both in the gallery and on threads. Mostly threads. It's easy and quite a few actually look at them.
I burn out on other peoples photography too easily so I don't follow links to flicker or private sites unless someone posts very compelling images here.

Old 04-12-2012   #21
bbrovold

I just can't seem to post period. Something about exceeding some limit but my scans are small.

??????

Old 04-12-2012   #22
astro8

I post my images here. There are one or two moralistic fanatics here that would would rather I didn't, judging by the innuendo and comments....and to be frank, it's getting rather old.

I'm curious how many others would post their images here if there was no fear of being morally judged ???

My RFF Gallery

Old 04-12-2012   #23
Araakii

I use flickr only (link in signature).

There are just so many forums that I go to and it's a pain if I have to maintain my images in each gallery.

Old 04-12-2012   #24
Araakii

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro8 View Post
I post my images here. There are one or two moralistic fanatics here that would would rather I didn't, judging by the innuendo and comments....and to be frank, it's getting rather old.

I'm curious how many others would post their images here if there was no fear of being morally judged ???
Your stuff is fantastic. Who cares about those who tried to judge you.

Old 04-12-2012   #25
PatrickCheung

I've tried uploading to the gallery multiple times... though resizing my photos to fit the requirements... that's another step I need to take. Sometimes I'll resize it to the right size and it'll fail to upload... that's added frustration.

I sometimes do post photos in the w/nw threads, but sometimes I feel like most people take the option of "nw" making the thread more like a collective of photos with very little feedback or comments... which kinda takes away the appeal to me. It'd be nice if more people went with the "W" option and there was more of a community feel to the image threads. I like the community feel of the gallery, it's just that uploading to the gallery is a painful process.

Hundred Strangers Project

Old 04-12-2012   #26
sparrow6224

I have not been able to upload in threads lately. Some files were large, others not so large. What's the limit? Also can one post to a thread with an image off of one's own computer? So far I've only figured how to get an image from another url.. or that's the only option I've seen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/commodiusvicus/

Old 04-12-2012   #27
sparrow6224

Btw, Keith, I saw recently in some thread a couple of images of yours that I thought were really outstanding. One nude silhouette in bedroom taken from another room, and the other was what?.... An old stove? With a wood floor? I can picture in my mind the pos/neg spaces, the arrangement and structure, but can't get back the actual objects. Anyway I was very impressed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/commodiusvicus/

Old 04-12-2012   #28
Latecomer
Making up for lost time

I use flickr. Sometimes I have wanted to include a photo in a thread but so far I haven't worked out how to do it.

Old 04-12-2012   #29
astro8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araakii View Post
Your stuff is fantastic. Who cares about those who tried to judge you.

Thanks Araakii, I appreciate your support.

It's a little disheartening, even upsetting when we are trying to improve upon our chosen genre and there is trolling posts and snide remarks posted under the guise of a comment.

There is the 1% here who like to take the high moral ground and put themselves up above the rest of us and dictate what images we should and should not post.

Then there are rest of us are who are just enthusiasts, no issues, no hangups, no underlying agender just trying to improve our photography...I hope I always belong to the latter.

My RFF Gallery

Old 04-12-2012   #30
photony texas
Light Sensitive

I post in the Gallery and will continue to. It has helped me in developing my vision/style immensely over the past 2 years. The feedback has been inspirational and very supportive in my photographic direction. If your not posting in the gallery your missing out on a very valuable asset that RFF has to offer.

Old 04-12-2012   #31
driver

I just voted for the last choice. I still use dial-up out here in the boonies . I would have no issue with directly uploading small images. Flickr is slow for me - I can have the dishes done, mow the lawn and break up a few fights between the young ones while I get a few pics online.

Luckily, I win very few online auctions which keeps GAS at a minimum. On that note, who are all the wackos paying good coin for the untested as is film stuff on shopgoodwill? I know I'm one of them. The Contax is already out of my reach . . . . . . .

Old 04-12-2012   #32
hausen

I think this is a good idea for a poll Keith. I am starting to put more in my gallery. For me it has always the extra step of re sizing everything that kept me from being more prolific. I love the feedback good and bad. The only way to improve I feel.

Far too many cameras & lenses!

Old 04-12-2012   #33
raid
Dad Photographer

I post images in tnreads and in the gallery. I appreciate the feedback.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 04-12-2012   #34
gb hill

I try to be as regular as I can. As of late my work has been keeping me busy. The photos posted here are of outstanding quality. It's hard to get comments here. One thing I notice is there are some people who put up some great work but never get any comments at all. I try to comment on their work. If we don't take time to comment they will go away.

Old 04-12-2012   #35
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow6224 View Post
Btw, Keith, I saw recently in some thread a couple of images of yours that I thought were really outstanding. One nude silhouette in bedroom taken from another room, and the other was what?.... An old stove? With a wood floor? I can picture in my mind the pos/neg spaces, the arrangement and structure, but can't get back the actual objects. Anyway I was very impressed.

Thanks Vince .... nice words. Thank you very much!

Old 04-12-2012   #36
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by photony texas View Post
I post in the Gallery and will continue to. It has helped me in developing my vision/style immensely over the past 2 years. The feedback has been inspirational and very supportive in my photographic direction. If your not posting in the gallery your missing out on very valuable asset that RFF has to offer.

+1 again .... love your stuff in the gallery I have to say!

Old 04-12-2012   #37
steelydam

I usually do scanning on weekends post to Flickr and also try to find W/NW categories that fit my images. I have only recently started looking at some members' RFF galleries and have been contemplating posting there because they do seem to generate more comments than things posted in W/NW. I also wonder whether we are only supposed to post photos taken with rangefinders in the RFF gallery?

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Old 04-12-2012   #38
Al Patterson
Ferroequinologist

Generally, I do not post any photos on the web these days. I do still have some old low res stuff on Verizon, but that site is quite old and I don't really market it anyway.

Canon QL17 GIII
Leica CL 40mm Summicron-C 50mm Hexanon
Yashica Electro 35 GSN

Old 04-12-2012   #39
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydam View Post
I usually do scanning on weekends post to Flickr and also try to find W/NW categories that fit my images. I have only recently started looking at some members' RFF galleries and have been contemplating posting there because they do seem to generate more comments than things posted in W/NW. I also wonder whether we are only supposed to post photos taken with rangefinders in the RFF gallery?

No way ... the gallery is for photographs and photographers, not cameras!

When I first joined here there was some suggestion that the gallery should only be used for photos taken with rangefinders ... that suggestion generally got howled down or ignored!

Old 04-12-2012   #40
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

I have posted in the gallery, but lately, am not able to; the last time I tried I got a screen that said I had exceeded my limit or my upload queue was full(can't recall which).
I do post to threads either from my flickr or google accounts. Which is easier anyway and I can post better sized images.
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain