Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Frank Jackson on Street Photography

Frank Jackson on Street Photography I am happy and excited to announce a new RFF forum on Street Photography mentored by Frank Jackson, one of the best producers of analog B/W prints I have ever seen. His shows include the Open Shutter Gallery, Heriard-Cimino Gallery, and Ogden Museum of Southern Art. His images are in the collections of Smithsonian Ogden Museum of Southern Art, California Afro American Museum and Xavier University New Orleans LA. He has worked for or has been featured with Visa Card, Xerox, UCLA, Eric Owen Moss, Architect, Hasselblad Forum (cover),Gordon Parks, Muhammed Ali, Million Man March Wash. DC, Lionel Hampton, jazz legion photographer , 1995-2002, Stevie Wonder, B+W Magazine (British version) twice, Rangefinder Magazine, Dahon Bicycles, Arelli Wheels, Real Product Design, Automobile Club of Southern California. Frank's online images are at fotographz.500px.com and fotographzfrankjackson.tumblr.com . "While on this diverse photographic journey…I have to say during this whole time my love for fine art black and white photography kept growing. I always found time to shoot in different cities and my own personal work…this has sustained me through some very tough times. As of 2012, with the help of a very good friend I maintain a state-of-the-art dream darkroom. The darkroom helps greatly in the on-going practice of understanding “the light”, being able to process film and print drives me to keep my digital photography “organic”. I’m curious visually and shooting what’s, what on the street feeds this curiosity. Everyday I walk out my front door to “see” the world with a digital camera, a film camera, the “cup” and an open mind (mostly).

Two of my street photos chosen for gallery show
Old 02-20-2015   #1
NY_Dan

Two of my street photos chosen for gallery show

Two of my street photos were chosen for a Photo Place Gallery show. The link is below.

Photo Place Gallery: On The Street Where You Live

http://www.vtphotoworkplace.com/id282.html

"You showed us what was going on where you live, work, and play. From front stoops to back alleys, the subway to suburbia, small town Main Street and back to Wall Street, the streets we call home shape us. We've learned about your neighborhoods, your neighbors, and all that defines them.

We were very pleased to have had James Blair Jury this exhibition. James choose 40 photographs for exhibition in the gallery, and an additional 35 for the gallery's Online Annex. All 75 photographs will be reproduced in an exhibition catalog."

Uptown NYC

Midtown NYC

Shot with Rolleiflex 2.8f -- top with yellow filter f/11.5 1/250, bottom f/8 1/125 Kodak TMY120

Old 02-20-2015   #2
airfrogusmc

OUTSTANDING Dan....

Old 02-20-2015   #3
maggieo
More Deadly

CONGRATS!!!

Fantastic photos, a well deserved honor!

Old 02-20-2015   #4
rhl-oregon
Cameras Guitars Wonders

That's great, Dan. Congratulations. My friend Mimi likes the second one best, but terriers are opinionated.

http://rhl.photography

Old 02-20-2015   #5
NY_Dan

Thanks -- click on the link - they have submissions open for other upcoming shows -- costs $30 to enter 5 photos -- I limit how much I spend on this stuff -- hardest part is deciding what you want to submit -- it's an exercise in editing.

Old 02-20-2015   #6
Michael Da Re

Congratulations Dan...

Old 02-20-2015   #7
Darshan

congrats, I really like the 1st one

my flickr
RFF feedback

Old 02-20-2015   #8
JayC
5 kids,3 dogs,only 1 wife

Niiiiiiiiice

Old 02-20-2015   #9
charjohncarter

Dan, I couldn't be more happy for you. Your images are great and with the NY backdrop everybody can identify.

Old 02-20-2015   #10
fotographz

cheers Dan!!!!
...and CONGRATS.

moments captured
time stopped,
lives made still.
the dark truth-
a bright lie-
neither bad.
neither good.
this simplicity, pure
stolen moments.

A tip of the hat
Old 02-20-2015   #11
noisycheese
Normal(ish) Human

A tip of the hat

Well seen, good sir. Congratulations on having your images selected for exhibit!