Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Nikon Historical Society

Nikon Historical Society -- hosted by the founding member Bob Rotoloni and members of the society. The NHS, based the US, has a worldwide membership. Our "Nikon Journal," published four times a year, concentrates on the history of Japanese photo equipment from the perspective of the Nikon Camera Company. The Nikon Journal often includes Nikon information not published anywhere else in the world. This forum provides an opportunity for conversation between collectors and users of classic film Nikons. See forum “stickies” for more information about the Society. If you are a serious Nikon Collector, you MUST be a NHS member. Join at http://www.nikonhistoricalsociety.com/!

The Rotoloni Report 1: How I Became a Pawn Star
Old 05-25-2018   #1
eckmanmj

The Rotoloni Report 1: How I Became a Pawn Star

For those of you who know Robert, or saw his episode, you might find this interesting. This was originally posted in the VCC Facebook group, but Im cross-posting it here for anyone who doesn't "do" Facebook.

---------------------------

Back in February, you may remember that there was an episode of the History Channel show, Pawn Stars, where a collector sold a black Nikon S2.

That seller was none other than the president of the Nikon Historical Society, Nikon historian, collector, and fellow VCC member, Robert Rotoloni.

Recently, I was able to sit down with Robert and ask him about his experience, how he got on the show, and some background information about what it's like to go through the process.

My interview, along with a short intro for Robert, is below:

http://www.mikeeckman.com/2018/05/th...e-a-pawn-star/

Old 05-30-2018   #2
NIKON KIU
Did you say Nippon Kogaku

I am big fan of Pawn Stars, now with our founder becoming a Pawn Star...I am hooked even more!

Kiu

Old 05-30-2018   #3
maigo

Thanks for writing the article. I've never heard of the program but nevertheless its interesting to read how the show is put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-24-2018   #4
farlymac
PF McFarland

I used to look for film cameras in the pawn shops around here, but they say they won't buy them because they can't make any profit.

Great interview with Robert, Mike.

PF

Old 06-24-2018   #5
lxmike
Barnack fan

never seem to find bargains anymore in the charity thrift shops, last one l had was years back when l picked up a K1000 with 50/2 for £20

Glass currently in regular use: Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 Helliar

Soon to arrive Leica MDa

myblog:lifefromawindow