Leica book
Old 07-22-2004   #1
RML
Just live it.

Leica book

So many of you have so much help and support! And I'm going to bother you all with another question. Yesyes, I know, stupid Leica noob!

Anyway, which book would you recommend for a Leica noob to learn more about the Leica M3/M2/M1? I read some interesting info on cameraquest.com but I'd like to know more, about its history, its functioning, etc.

If the book is available on Amazon than all the more better, and an ISBN number would be useful too if I want to take a look at the book in my local book store.

Mymy, I can't imagine I'm turning into a Leicaphile! Only a month and a half I wouldn't wake up for a Leica lens, and only a week ago I couldn't care much about a Leica camera. But look at me now...!

Old 07-22-2004   #2
Todd.Hanz

There are a few here, have not read them. The book on the "M" looks promising!
http://www.leicagallery.com/booksales.htm
Todd

Old 07-22-2004   #3
Doug

Remy, searching Amazon.com for "Leica" brings up 1216 results... a lot to choose from! And that may be the problem, choosing the "best" one.

Old 07-22-2004   #4
Huck Finn

I really like the book "Leica M Photography" by Brian Bower.

ISBN # 0 7153 0842 4 (paperback)

ISBN # 0 7153 0318 X (hardcover)

Cheers

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=352'>My Gallery</a>

Old 07-22-2004   #5
RML
Just live it.

Doug, that was indeed my problem.

I think the "Leica M6 to M1: Rangefinder Practice" might be a nice book. I'll try to find it in a book store and check it out.

Huck, I'll keep your suggestion in mind!

Join the Rangefinder Blog/Site Ring.

Old 07-23-2004   #6
Huck Finn

RML, "Leica M Photography" is a delightful book. An illustrated history of the M cameras, it weaves an historic perspective in with information regarding current cameras & lenses. Throughout, it treats the reader to treatises on technique & the Leica philosophy. Rich with beautiful photos which make the book's information come alive, it is an easy read at 152 pages. Any rangefinder photographer will learn from this book whether they use Leica equipment or not.

It is available through amazon.com.

Good luck with your search & enjoy your hobby!

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=352'>My Gallery</a>

Old 07-23-2004   #7
rover

I just picked up a copy of Leica M Photography by Brian Bower last weekend. It has a nice history of the Leica rangefinder cameras. The photographs are nice also as for the most part they give the technical detail which allows you to judge the performance and perspective of different products with examples. I look forward to finishing it this weekend.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 11-22-2010   #8
kshapero
Press the Shutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover View Post
I just picked up a copy of Leica M Photography by Brian Bower last weekend. It has a nice history of the Leica rangefinder cameras. The photographs are nice also as for the most part they give the technical detail which allows you to judge the performance and perspective of different products with examples. I look forward to finishing it this weekend.
Yes very nice, I have seen it, too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Cameras, Lenses and Photos