Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Old 02-09-2011   #81
Spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.w.bn View Post
But I can't imagine a next holy grail producing even more hype. Wait. A FF Zeiss Rangefinder for 2000$ announced one year before it comes out
that sir would be pure sadism!

Old 02-09-2011   #82
Charlie

I went through the pre-order process at Amazon and then stopped myself from clicking the final "purchase" button. Why? Still curious about Nikon's mirror less camera coming out in April, and I've read Olympus has a new 4/3 that will be released sometime this spring. May kick myself if the initial batch of x100 sells out and I'm forced to wait.

Old 02-09-2011   #83
cpharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
...Still curious about Nikon's mirror less camera coming out in April, and I've read Olympus has a new 4/3 that will be released sometime this spring. May kick myself if the initial batch of x100 sells out and I'm forced to wait.
Oh it's the curse of being in the mind set of modern consumerism... either buy now and embrace inevitable obsolescence, or forever wait for the next great thing?

I'm hoping that the Nikon mirror-less or m43 'pro' cameras will be prohibitively expensive, as I'm thinking of grabbing myself an X100 on release. Also, in the time from when they're announced until their actual release, the full frame digital Zeiss Ikon will have been announced!

Old 02-09-2011   #84
Juan Valdenebro
Truth is beauty

And the ultracompact wide Bessa IV with 36x48mm sensor for the same Bessa III price, perfectly ready for this next summer...

Cheers,

Juan

Old 02-09-2011   #85
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayusuputra View Post
c'mon, even amateurs nowadays use PP.. and what makes you think that pros will definitely use PP afterward? it will not be a fair example if all the test shots are PP-ed.. i think for all test shots, it should be done straight out of the camera? and i don't think manufacturers would compromise their reputations by posting heavily processed shots?
Relax guy... it's called generalization. People are upset with the photos Fuji chose to show for the camera and want a pro to get a hold of the camera. I just would rather see a regular test site than a pro, that's all. I don't want composition, content, subject matter, etc swaying my view about a camera. It's my opinion, which I guess you didn't like.

Yes, we all use post processing whether in the darkroom or on the computer. My point is that I've seen people buy a camera because some pro made very beautiful photos with it (completely PP to hell) and then they were disappointed they didn't get the same results. So yes my point is that test shots to show off a camera are better to see straight out of the camera... which amateurs tend to do more so than pros IMO. Most pros I would think wouldn't feel comfortable with straight out of camera.

Last edited by jsrockit : 02-09-2011 at 07:27.

Old 02-09-2011   #86
shashinka-ichiban
写真家 一番

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
Relax guy... it's called generalization. People are upset with the photos Fuji chose to show for the camera and want a pro to get a hold of the camera. I just would rather see a regular test site than a pro, that's all. I don't want composition, content, subject matter, etc swaying my view about a camera. It's my opinion, which I guess you didn't like.

Yes, we all use post processing whether in the darkroom or on the computer. My point is that I've seen people buy a camera because some pro made very beautiful photos with it (completely PP to hell) and then they were disappointed they didn't get the same results. So yes my point is that test shots to show off a camera are better to see straight out of the camera... which amateurs tend to do more so than pros IMO. Most pros I would think wouldn't feel comfortable with straight out of camera.

Also keep in mind that even a professional needs some time behind the lens with a new camera to learn and adapt to its nuances. Just case you spend years with your fav M8, doesn't mean you're going to get the same results out of your buddy's M8.2 or M9 even it it has the same lens. Cameras are like women ^-^ no two are the same.

nice photo
Old 02-09-2011   #87
ampguy

nice photo

but I was expecting the other side of the street would be more oof @ f2, relative to a hexar af, or 35 cron on m6 or m8, but it is really just a 24mm actual fl lens. still pretty good image from a jpg. and nice large size to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maenju View Post
yeah, the jpg engine doesn't seem to be especially good, with the in-camera b&w even worse. however, the lens seems to be ok, for example:
http://d2b8yfhnsfhl3f.cloudfront.net/x100/DSCF3750.JPG
(at full aperture)

Old 02-09-2011   #88
Paul T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampguy View Post
but I was expecting the other side of the street would be more oof @ f2, relative to a hexar af,
Yeah, me too. Or maybe hoping.

Old 02-09-2011   #89
smile
why so serious?

no mp3-player? i won't buy it

Old 02-09-2011   #90
varjag

X100, a camera that was hyped and acquired cult following of crowds, who then abandoned it for the next big thing. And all that before it even was released - impressive.

Old 02-09-2011   #91
cpharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSU View Post
The protective cover will be for the camera back display.
Looks like the included "protective cover" means the 2 little leather(?) strap bumpers to stop the clips from scratching the body.

Old 02-09-2011   #92
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

I'm a little intrigued by the panting anticipation the X100 has created ... and the general impatience!

What was everyone taking photos with before the Fuji was announced?

New toy syndrome (NTS) is a wicked thing!

Old 02-09-2011   #93
Latecomer
Making up for lost time

Keith

I haven't panted on this forum, or any other forum, but I am buying an X100 just the same. I shoot frequently on the street, mainly with a D700/35f2, sometimes with an F100. After a few hours my antique shoulders have had it. I tried to beat this with a Ricoh GRD2, but even with the accessory optical viewfinder it just doesn't do the trick. In any event the GRD's IQ just isn't up to scratch. I have owned both the M8 and the M9 but sadly had to let them go because my eyes aren't up to the challenge. I need AF. The X100 seems like an answer to my prayers. Cheers.

Last edited by Latecomer : 02-09-2011 at 21:48. Reason: added emphasis

Old 02-10-2011   #94
bayusuputra
BFA or BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm a little intrigued by the panting anticipation the X100 has created ... and the general impatience!

What was everyone taking photos with before the Fuji was announced?

New toy syndrome (NTS) is a wicked thing!
D70, which i sold away already.. and now MG-1.. but i would love to have a digital to accompany her.. this one seems interesting..

yes, i would agree that it should be those test review websites who do the test, because imo, those people know how to exploit the camera and generally, the test shots they provide are straight out of camera.. but i can't agree that a real amateur (for example, my brother, who is not really into photography but still likes to take snap shots) should do the test, because the camera would "overkill" the tester..

what i meant is something like this

these people are not really professionals, but they are seasoned shooters..

Old 02-10-2011   #95
jazzwave

Not impressed with Image quality from sample.
Fujifilm just develop feature and cosmetic body on X100 to attrack M digital dreamer segment.

But let's wait untill real field test by selective user.

Old 02-10-2011   #96
whitecat
Lone Range(find)er

I think many are interested in this for the body. Reminds us all of certain cameras we are familiar with. If the body were different I'm sure the reactions would be different.

Zeiss Ikon Zm, Olympus Trip, Rolleiflex FX, Yashica Electro 35, Nikon 35 TI, Nikon 28 TI, Widelux F7, Contax TVS III, Zeiss Ikon 35, Minox, Olympus 35 EE3, Konica AA 35, Minox 35 GT, Canonet QL17, and many more....

Old 02-10-2011   #97
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
I think many are interested in this for the body. Reminds us all of certain cameras we are familiar with. If the body were different I'm sure the reactions would be different.
You are right, but body design is important to the comfort of the user no?

Old 02-10-2011   #98
_larky

I just put a 400 deposit down for one. I'm starting to get excited again.

Old 02-10-2011   #99
Niels

Price in Norway today as given by japanfoto.no: 10.499 NKr > 1329 Euro, 1130 , 1817 $...

I am defenitivly interestet, but this will make me hesitate..

Kind Regards

Old 02-10-2011   #100
RZetter

preorder is 999€ at verkkokauppa.com in Finland. source:http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/p...o.php?id=21618

Old 02-10-2011   #101
spencewine

http://www.fujifilm.ca/shared/bin/Brochure_X100_EN.pdf

edit: didn't see this posted anywhere. Nothing new, but all the info condensed.

Last edited by spencewine : 02-10-2011 at 10:55.

Old 02-10-2011   #102
hausen

Have also put NZ$400 deposit on mine. NZ$1800 is price works out to be about $US$ or AU$1350. I agree that it is the body that I like and that is the reason I am getting mine. Not sure if I have been panting though, more just the occasional hot flush.

Far too many cameras & lenses!

Old 02-10-2011   #103
totifoto

I live in Iceland and have to pay sending cost and taxes, final price is around 1600 US dollars when I can finally put my hands on it.