Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Frank Jackson on Street Photography

Frank Jackson on Street Photography I am happy and excited to announce a new RFF forum on Street Photography mentored by Frank Jackson, one of the best producers of analog B/W prints I have ever seen. His shows include the Open Shutter Gallery, Heriard-Cimino Gallery, and Ogden Museum of Southern Art. His images are in the collections of Smithsonian Ogden Museum of Southern Art, California Afro American Museum and Xavier University New Orleans LA. He has worked for or has been featured with Visa Card, Xerox, UCLA, Eric Owen Moss, Architect, Hasselblad Forum (cover),Gordon Parks, Muhammed Ali, Million Man March Wash. DC, Lionel Hampton, jazz legion photographer , 1995-2002, Stevie Wonder, B+W Magazine (British version) twice, Rangefinder Magazine, Dahon Bicycles, Arelli Wheels, Real Product Design, Automobile Club of Southern California. Frank's online images are at fotographz.500px.com and fotographzfrankjackson.tumblr.com . "While on this diverse photographic journey…I have to say during this whole time my love for fine art black and white photography kept growing. I always found time to shoot in different cities and my own personal work…this has sustained me through some very tough times. As of 2012, with the help of a very good friend I maintain a state-of-the-art dream darkroom. The darkroom helps greatly in the on-going practice of understanding “the light”, being able to process film and print drives me to keep my digital photography “organic”. I’m curious visually and shooting what’s, what on the street feeds this curiosity. Everyday I walk out my front door to “see” the world with a digital camera, a film camera, the “cup” and an open mind (mostly).

Well Done!
Old 02-06-2015   #1
Monochrom

Well Done!

Hi everybody!

Want to tell you I like this new subforum.

Street photography is a large genre and hope that in this new space we´ll be able to classify and discuss better its concepts.

Bye!

Old 02-06-2015   #2
Harry S.

Exciting potential refresher to this forum.

Id like to see this area challenge the status quo a little, maybe an objective criticism thread and/or an essay review thread, as well as perhaps a monthly member focus and interview.

Y'know...ruffle some feathers.

Old 02-08-2015   #3
Keyne

Very excited! I struggle with street photos but I am drawn to it so looking forward to this forum. Sharing and learning. Should be fun!
http://leicakeyne.blogspot.com/

Old 02-08-2015   #4
BLKRCAT
99% Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry S. View Post
Y'know...ruffle some feathers.
There isn't enough of that in the main forum for you?

Old 02-15-2015   #5
Rodchenko
Olympian

I hope we see some creative approaches in here. Thank you, Frank, for agreeing to take this on.