Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 02-04-2011   #28
Arjay
Time Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsang View Post
I went back to my local store today and asked some pertinent questions of the staff who had more time with the camera than I did.
  1. Is the release date still March? - Nope... it's been pushed back to sometime in mid/end of April, due to, according to Fuji "unexpected demand"
  2. Is $1200 Retail or Street price? - Retail BUT apparently Fuji has informed retailers they cannot discount this camera initially. Yep.. what you see on the price tag is what you're going to pay.
Interesting - this doesn't match with what I found out today:

I went to Munich's largest camera store (Foto Video Sauter) today to find out about how FujiFilm is going to introduce the X100 in Germany. Fuji apparently has not done any retailer previews in Germany, the salespeople at Sauter's have not yet had the X100 in their hands. The responsible department manager had listened in to my conversation with a salesman, and later approached me to give me further information about how the camera will be brought to the market in Germany:
  • In the first week of March, FujiFilm will make a promotional tour through various German cities, demoing the camera to prospective customers. So, call up your trusted retailer and ask for presentation details. You can bet I'll be there!
  • At the same time, FujiFilm will begin shipping the camera to the stores. The store will not only receive demo cameras in March, it will also have them in deliverable stock! I.e. you'll be able to purchase the camera on the spot and walk home with it (if you decide quickly, I presume).
  • The purchase price of the camera will be € 998,- including 19% German VAT. I presume this is the manufacturer's suggested retail price, as Sauter's is not known for rock-bottom prices. Rather, this store always aims to be the first to offer new products. Street prices will only develop later.
Sounds like good news, doesn't it?

My RFF Gallery, My Flickr, My Ipernity, all presenting different bodies of work

Last edited by Arjay : 02-04-2011 at 11:02.