Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Help! 2.8GX Shutter Issue
Old 07-14-2015   #1
jacobtaylor

Help! 2.8GX Shutter Issue

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my first GX and I knew that people had complaints about the shutter being stiffer because of the metering system.

What I wasn't expecting was to have issues where the shutter releases, but it does not trigger the film advance so the crank remains locked. I have to press down a second time, harder, to release the crank.

I can easily fix this by adjusting my technique and having more of a "follow through" and ensuring that I have pushed hard enough to release the crank. BUT should I have to be doing that? This was sold to me as "near mint" with everything in "100% working order".

Does it sound like I was sold a "98% working order" camera or do I need to stop being so sensitive and just push that little bit harder. I'm still in my trial period so I can send it back.

Thanks,

Jacob

Old 07-14-2015   #2
JPD
J. Patric DahlÚn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobtaylor View Post
I can easily fix this by adjusting my technique and having more of a "follow through" and ensuring that I have pushed hard enough to release the crank. BUT should I have to be doing that?
No, you shouldn't have to do that. But it's an easy adjustment to do by a Rollei repairman. It's up to you if you want to spend money on an adjustment (plus shipping) or sending it back to the seller.

If you get it adjusted you will have a camera for many years of fun.

Old 07-14-2015   #3
jacobtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
No, you shouldn't have to do that. But it's an easy adjustment to do by a Rollei repairman. It's up to you if you want to spend money on an adjustment (plus shipping) or sending it back to the seller.

If you get it adjusted you will have a camera for many years of fun.
Thank you for the response. I had a feeling this shouldn't be happening. I already contacted them asking them to service it. I'm still within the trial period so I'm hoping they will service it for me and return it to me.

If not, then I'll just return it.

Old 07-14-2015   #4
JPD
J. Patric DahlÚn

Sounds like a good plan. They should have tested it before they put it up for sale. My 3,5 F had a focus problem but I sent it back under warranty for getting it fixed, and it came back sharper than any camera I've ever used. That was over 20 years ago and I'm still enjoying the camera.