A STEPS from Leicagoodies...
Old 12-24-2006   #1
alexz

A STEPS from Leicagoodies...

Meanwhile as my so much anticipated M6 has stack somewhere in the deep depth of USPS on its way to CA, I thought I will order some nice things to accompany the camera from Leicagoodies before they unfortunate cease their operation on 31 Dec.
I already set my mind for few such as a hook with strap, sling and scoop, but also may consider their Steps which apparently allow some degree of convenience using polarizer.
I tend to use polarizer quite a bit on my landscape work with my LF and up until recently with my Canon SLR (which is now sold out). With my Leica I also intend to do some landscape (though not so committing as with LF) stuff and woudl anticipate needing polarizer (I have Heliopan cir. pol. 77mm). Reading about Steps on their site I realize it came to ease polarizer usage on rangefinder by means of offering a view through the vented-type step-up ring to 77mm filter so that the filter can be adjusted on the lens while observing through the step-up ring opening via the filter.

So, does anybody here use their steps for aforementioned purposes ? Is it indeed so useful as described on leicagoodies ? It costs over 100$ so I would prefer to get the point of it prior to forking out a cash...

Thanks, Alex

Old 12-24-2006   #2
traveller
Learning how to print

Sorry, I don't know steps but I have another information concerning Leicagoodies.

The shop is closing temporarily until a successor has taken over business. Orders can be made until Dec. 31st 2006. There is no reopening date announced yet.

Daddy, why does this man use a camera without a display? Be quiet, maybe he can't afford a real camera.

My Gallery
My Photoblog
My Flickr

Old 12-24-2006   #3
alexz

Yes, John, I know, this is what I mentioned also in my original query.
This is the reason I'm willing to place my order with them before Dec. 31, even prior to my M6 arrival (which may take another two weeks or so...)

Old 12-24-2006   #4
traveller
Learning how to print

OOps, I should have read the whole text . I just got the mail from them.....

Daddy, why does this man use a camera without a display? Be quiet, maybe he can't afford a real camera.

My Gallery
My Photoblog
My Flickr

Re: Steps from Leicagoodies
Old 12-24-2006   #5
JeffGreene
(@)^(@)

Re: Steps from Leicagoodies

The product sold there is manufactured right here in the states. Check this out. Photoequip previously known as GMP makes "Filterview". It's a great product! If you are here in the states, it makes much more sense to purchase from Eric at PhotoEquipment Corp. He's great to deal with. The leicagoodies people were great, I bought from them, but their "steps" product is made here. So if you live here don't pay too reimport the product.

http://e-photobooks.com/cartier-bres...ve-moment.html

(Sony RX1) (Epson RD1) (Leica M6, M4-P, M2) (Rolleiflex 2.8F, MX-EVS)

Old 12-24-2006   #6
alexz

Thanks a lot.
I'm in Israel, so not much difference buying from either, besides Leicagoodies promotion of 11$ worldwide shipment by registered mail sounds quite temping.
An the price difference doesn't worth bothering with two separate orders from different locations (120$ from the manufacturer + apparently higher then 11$ shipment vs. 125$ from Leicagoodies + 11 $ S&H).

Nevertheless thanks for the info, good to know.
Alex