Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M Lenses and Images

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1641
raid
Dad Photographer

I also will one day get the brass version. I am waiting for things to calm down and then I expect to get an email with a form for sending payment.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Some updates. :)
Old 2 Days Ago   #1642
KEVIN-XU 愛 forever
所謂的攝影,就是人生。

Some updates. :)

Dear RF members,

First of all, I am very sorry that I cannot get back to everyone's emails from all over the world in the past two months. We had Chinese New year back then, and after that, the Coronavirus was coming. I completely stopped working on this project until now. I hope everything is fine in your area. Stay home and stay healthy. Spend time with the people you love. God bless.

Here is a little update on the replica projects and news about the coming new project. Mr. Zhou collected much feedback from the first batch's early owners in China and came up with a solution to further improve the 8-element replica. Include the rangefinder coupling accuracy, optical performance, lens handling, etc. The factory is slowly returning to production. Most of the technicians are back to work. Everyone completes the 14days isolation before they return.

New projects are also underway. I have sent my Elcan 50mm f2 to Mr. Zhou to let him analyze the lens. This is not my idea to replicate the Military special order lens Elcan 50mm f2 though. But I wish I could provide some help to make it happen. This will be another fun project for sure.

The legendary Leica Noctilux 50mm f1.2 Double Aspherical replica project is making some slow progress. Mr. Zhou told me it's difficult to make those two aspherical elements. The technicians are working on it. Fingers crossed.

Best wishes,
Kevin

When a man cannot choose he ceases to be a man...

所謂的攝影,就是人生。
---荒木經惟

https://www.instagram.com/kevinxbegin/

Old 2 Days Ago   #1643
Ecar

Thanks Kevin. Hope all is well.
Could you share more details regarding the improvements made? Will these improvements make it to all future batches?
Thanks again & best wishes.

Old 2 Days Ago   #1644
KEVIN-XU 愛 forever
所謂的攝影,就是人生。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecar View Post
Thanks Kevin. Hope all is well.
Could you share more details regarding the improvements made? Will these improvements make it to all future batches?
Thanks again & best wishes.
You are very welcome.

I am sorry that currently, I don't have the details about further improvements. Those specialized terms and technical explanations are difficult to convey through words. I am not professional after all. But I am very sure that these improvements will be applied to all the foreign market products. And that's the whole point about it. Mr. Zhou wants to collect as much feedback as possible before he sells the lens to the foreign market.

Best,
Kevin

When a man cannot choose he ceases to be a man...

所謂的攝影,就是人生。
---荒木經惟

https://www.instagram.com/kevinxbegin/

Old 2 Days Ago   #1645
raid
Dad Photographer

Thank you, Kevin, for the update. To you and your loved ones, stay safe and healthy.

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 2 Days Ago   #1646
D&A

I echo Raid's thoughts. Stay safe and be well and all the best to those close to you.

Dave (D&A)

Old 1 Day Ago   #1647
Ecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN-XU 愛 forever View Post
You are very welcome.

I am sorry that currently, I don't have the details about further improvements. Those specialized terms and technical explanations are difficult to convey through words. I am not professional after all. But I am very sure that these improvements will be applied to all the foreign market products. And that's the whole point about it. Mr. Zhou wants to collect as much feedback as possible before he sells the lens to the foreign market.

Best,
Kevin
Understood. Many thanks, Kevin.
Keep safe & best wishes.

Old 1 Day Ago   #1648
Crazy Leica Fox
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN-XU 愛 forever View Post
Mr. Zhou wants to collect as much feedback as possible before he sells the lens to the foreign market.
I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. Thank you for the update!

Old 1 Day Ago   #1649
jmilkins
Digited User

Thanks Kevin and Mr Zhou and team - it is great to have something to look forward to. best wishes to all

My gallery
The FlickR

"To ∞, and beyond!" B. Lightyear, 1995.