Old 07-30-2019   #81
valdas

Hi all,
Today I received an email from this company (zenit photo)saying they have the camera and lens and it’s waiting for my order (I pre-ordered this without a serious thought as to how to proceed in case they really bring it to the market). Any thoughts about it or any intentions from other RF members to buy it? The price is very high - 6500€ (for the combo, camera and 35/1.0 lens) equivalent if converted from roubles at the existing rate.

Old 07-30-2019   #82
retinax

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdas View Post
Hi all,
Today I received an email from this company (zenit photo)saying they have the camera and lens and itís waiting for my order (I pre-ordered this without a serious thought as to how to proceed in case they really bring it to the market). Any thoughts about it or any intentions from other RF members to buy it? The price is very high - 6500Ä equivalent if converted from roubles at the existing rate.
I like its look, but see no other reason to buy it instead of an M10, which is the better camera, if you want to spend that kind of money.

Old 07-30-2019   #83
Dirk
Privatier

After my initial shock of incredulity wore off, I realized that it made perfect sense from a marketing standpoint. Leica can offer a cheaper version of their camera(s) and sell more lenses without cheapening their own brand. That would make sense if the Zenit were significantly less expensive. However, after I saw the MSRP of the Zenith, I'm back to incredulity.

Old 07-30-2019   #84
benlees

Price is hilarious. At least you save on black tape...

Due to its brand strength I'm sure it will hold its value on the used market.

Surely, this is for rabid M collectors only.

Old 07-30-2019   #85
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdas View Post
Hi all,
Today I received an email from this company (zenit photo)saying they have the camera and lens and itís waiting for my order (I pre-ordered this without a serious thought as to how to proceed in case they really bring it to the market). Any thoughts about it or any intentions from other RF members to buy it? The price is very high - 6500Ä (for the combo, camera and 35/1.0 lens) equivalent if converted from roubles at the existing rate.
A brand new Leica M-E 240 is $4000. Is that 35 1.0 lens worth about $2700?

Old 07-30-2019   #86
valdas

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlees View Post
Price is hilarious. At least you save on black tape...

Due to its brand strength I'm sure it will hold its value on the used market.

Surely, this is for rabid M collectors only.
My thoughts exactly, I did not think of purchasing, but just interested to hear opinions - who they think they will sell to? I only know two guys (both are running Kremlin for the moment).