Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Odd color with ilfosol 3
Old 05-12-2016   #1
Jake Mongey
Registered User
 
Jake Mongey's Avatar
 
Jake Mongey is offline
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 475
Odd color with ilfosol 3

Hi,
I was just developing some Fomapan 400 in 120 with fresh ilfosol 3 and when i emptied the tank the developer was a bright green, the negatives came out fine so what could have caused this.

Ilfosol 3 has been my main developer for 2 years and i have never had this happen, so i`m rather interested if anyone knows
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2016   #2
Zathros
Does not play well with o
 
Zathros's Avatar
 
Zathros is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Age: 60
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mongey View Post
Hi,
I was just developing some Fomapan 400 in 120 with fresh ilfosol 3 and when i emptied the tank the developer was a bright green, the negatives came out fine so what could have caused this.

Ilfosol 3 has been my main developer for 2 years and i have never had this happen, so i`m rather interested if anyone knows
The antihalation dyes on some films will wash out in the pre-soak or developer stages. I have seen black, green and even blue dyes wash out of the film. This is normal with many films. Is the Foma a new film for you?
__________________
"I've been working on accepting my inner scumbag"
George Carlin
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2016   #3
Jake Mongey
Registered User
 
Jake Mongey's Avatar
 
Jake Mongey is offline
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
The antihalation dyes on some films will wash out in the pre-soak or developer stages. I have seen black, green and even blue dyes wash out of the film. This is normal with many films. Is the Foma a new film for you?
Yeah, it is. Been shooting FP4 for 2 years but it was cheap at a photography museum so why not? Thanks for your answer
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2016   #4
BLKRCAT
99% Film
 
BLKRCAT's Avatar
 
BLKRCAT is offline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,769
I take it you've never presoaked C41 before? If i remember correctly portra comes out a very deep turquoise color.
__________________
Tumblr Youtube
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2016   #5
Jake Mongey
Registered User
 
Jake Mongey's Avatar
 
Jake Mongey is offline
Join Date: May 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRCAT View Post
I take it you've never presoaked C41 before? If i remember correctly portra comes out a very deep turquoise color.
No i havent, i only have the facilities to do BW atm
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:15.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.