Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Odd color with ilfosol 3
Old 05-12-2016   #1
Jake Mongey

Odd color with ilfosol 3

Hi,
I was just developing some Fomapan 400 in 120 with fresh ilfosol 3 and when i emptied the tank the developer was a bright green, the negatives came out fine so what could have caused this.

Ilfosol 3 has been my main developer for 2 years and i have never had this happen, so i`m rather interested if anyone knows

Old 05-12-2016   #2
Zathros
Does not play well with o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mongey View Post
Hi,
I was just developing some Fomapan 400 in 120 with fresh ilfosol 3 and when i emptied the tank the developer was a bright green, the negatives came out fine so what could have caused this.

Ilfosol 3 has been my main developer for 2 years and i have never had this happen, so i`m rather interested if anyone knows
The antihalation dyes on some films will wash out in the pre-soak or developer stages. I have seen black, green and even blue dyes wash out of the film. This is normal with many films. Is the Foma a new film for you?

Old 05-12-2016   #3
Jake Mongey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
The antihalation dyes on some films will wash out in the pre-soak or developer stages. I have seen black, green and even blue dyes wash out of the film. This is normal with many films. Is the Foma a new film for you?
Yeah, it is. Been shooting FP4 for 2 years but it was cheap at a photography museum so why not? Thanks for your answer

Old 05-12-2016   #4
BLKRCAT
99% Film

I take it you've never presoaked C41 before? If i remember correctly portra comes out a very deep turquoise color.

Old 05-12-2016   #5
Jake Mongey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRCAT View Post
I take it you've never presoaked C41 before? If i remember correctly portra comes out a very deep turquoise color.
No i havent, i only have the facilities to do BW atm