Iberit lenses for M?
Old 11-12-2018   #81
colker
-

Iberit lenses for M?

Any experience w/ those lenses? They look good.

Old 11-12-2018   #82
Huss

The results I've seen from them have shown terrible flare control and low contrast.
The fact that they went from a regularly stocked item, to a heavily discounted item, to special order only item shows that the buying public was not interested.

Old 11-12-2018   #83
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot

Not sure why they looked good. Big, no focus tabs and small apertures,

Old 11-12-2018   #84
colker
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko.Fe. View Post
Not sure why they looked good. Big, no focus tabs and small apertures,
2.4 is not bad. They tried to bring some of the leica design. I thought it looked good but reading some reviews i find out qc is bad. How come 500 dollar lenses have such bad qc?

Old 11-12-2018   #85
bayernfan

they are quite big compared to their Leica counterparts, and have low contrast (the unappealing kind ).

Old 11-12-2018   #86
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
How come 500 dollar lenses have such bad qc?
it's not $500 lenses. it's lenses from this mfg.

Old 12-01-2018   #87
Bille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
The results I've seen from them have shown terrible flare control and low contrast.
The fact that they went from a regularly stocked item, to a heavily discounted item, to special order only item shows that the buying public was not interested.
These look very good
https://alikgriffin.com/handevision-...sample-photos/
https://alikgriffin.com/handevision-...sample-photos/

Old 12-02-2018   #88
squirrel$$$bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
I like the 7Artisans 50 1.1 so much I have two of them (silver and black). Even though I have lots of lenses from Leica, Zeiss and Voigtlander (even Jupiter!), it is my favourite lens on film.
It just has so much character and beautiful flaws wide open. There is nothing else on the market like it. At the price it is a ridiculous deal, especially since old Jupiter 3 lenses cost more now! And the new Jupiter 3+ is almost double the price.
Yeah, couldn't agree more. I think the 7Artisans 1.1 is great. Very much like the MS Optical Sonnetar but with a more conventional housing...it's as good as my old Zeiss Opton Sonnar, except with an extra half a stop for more gooey weird character. The whole point of it is that it's a great design stretched to its limits.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #89
IEDEI

has anyone bought the 24mm Iberit M mount? Am considering it but cannot find anyone really talking about it.

There is one review on B&H with 1 star saying the diaphragm collapsed after 9 months and nobody at the company replies to their emails lol.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #90
oldwino

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
has anyone bought the 24mm Iberit M mount? Am considering it but cannot find anyone really talking about it.

There is one review on B&H with 1 star saying the diaphragm collapsed after 9 months and nobody at the company replies to their emails lol.
They're supposedly owned by Kipon now, so maybe the QC will improve. But still, f2.4 lenses are, in today's world, kinda dull for most people, especially when you spend your time taking pictures of "bokeh balls".

beckmeyerphotographs.format.com
current stuff https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #91
IEDEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwino View Post
They're supposedly owned by Kipon now, so maybe the QC will improve. But still, f2.4 lenses are, in today's world, kinda dull for most people, especially when you spend your time taking pictures of "bokeh balls".
Haha

Well 2.4 for a 24mm is pretty exciting to me. My current go-to wide angle is a 21mm f2.8 elmarit which is a really good lens but lacks character. Was hoping this might have some art to it. Canít find much info though...