Scanner that will input direct to iPhone?
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Ambro51

Scanner that will input direct to iPhone?

I’m totally unfamiliar with scanners. I do not have a home computer or laptop. My internet is all iPhone. So.....what I want is an OK scanner that will take my negs, scan them and input directly into “photos” on my phone. What scanner/app setup can do this? (no I just don’t want to photograph the negs)

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
majid
Fazal Majid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambro51 View Post
I’m totally unfamiliar with scanners. I do not have a home computer or laptop. My internet is all iPhone. So.....what I want is an OK scanner that will take my negs, scan them and input directly into “photos” on my phone. What scanner/app setup can do this? (no I just don’t want to photograph the negs)
Most film scanners were discontinued before the era of modern smartphones started. There are some document scanners like the Fujitsu ScanSnap ix100 that will scan to a mobile device, and can scan prints in a pinch, but certainly not negatives. I don't know of any flatbed scanner that can scan to a mobile device, let alone one with a transparency back.

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
B-9
Devin Bro

I would say your SOL without using the phone as the scanner.

Any newish Iphone would constitute an “ok scanner”

Give it a try! Alternatively find a lab to scan for you and have the files emailed to you.

RangefinderGuy @ Instagram

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
brbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambro51 View Post
So.....what I want is an OK scanner that will take my negs, scan them and input directly into “photos” on my phone. What scanner/app setup can do this? (no I just don’t want to photograph the negs)
You need a scanner that scans to sd card (like Kodak Scanza) and then you can import photos to iPhone with Lightning to SD card adapter.

I still think that it would be in fact easier and better to "scan" with your iPhone.

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Huss

Scanning with your phone is way easy if you shoot slide film...

Like so:

This was just by putting the film on a light pad (NOT ipad!). W/o even doing anything to hold it flat etc