Show Your Scale Focus Beauties!

Lawrence Sheperd

Well-known
Local time
2:59 PM
:D After having scanned fourteen pages in the "Scale Focus 35s" sub-forum, I was dismayed to not find a single "show me yours and I'll show you mine" topic. So, I've decided to take one for the team and start my own!

Besides, why should the high-end cameras have all the fun?! ;)

Here's a recent $.99 cent thrift store find. The Minolta Hi-matic G2 of 1984 (or thereabouts) was one of the last incarnations of the fantastic Hi-matic series. While being (almost) totally auto-exposure, it still possesses a rather sharp 38/2.8 lens, albeit in a plastic housing, with bright-line finder. Some have said that the first series of G2s had metal top and bottom plates as in the G; my example boasts solid plastic instead.

U42168I1353082754.SEQ.0.jpg

Hand-held (braced) 1 sec @ f11, Olympus E1

A true classic! I especially like the first photo, jenquest.

I wish I had the original lens cap for my '68 Trip, as your example does, but I've found that a cap from a Sony CD Mavica works perfectly!

At the moment my only scale focus is the Oly Trip, similar to the one beautifully photographed above. I do have the original lens cap but I was foolish enough to sell the original lens hood with one of my RC 35's (fits perfectly). Trip hoods are almost impossible to find these days.

Not to brag, but ...

A Welta Weltii, a Welta Weltix, and a 6x9 Zeiss Ikon

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Welta_Three_Web.jpg

And Also, a pair of Welta Weltinis, in different models. I know they aren't scale focus, but they are so nice, and don't seem to get mentioned too often. I just couldn't help myself. 'sob'

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/data/500/medium/TwoWeltinis.jpg

I think there were at least 3 models of the Weltini, but I'm not sure, I have four. Both types of Welti are really nice picture takers.

Here you go:

EPM18748 by ruby.monkey, on Flickr

MDa with 25mm f/4 Snapshot-Skopar and MD-2 with 12mm f/5.6 Ultra-Wide Heliar. I've enjoyed an Olympus Trip 35, large-finder Voigtlander Vito B and Perkeo II, Leidolf Lordox 24x36, and CZJ Werra I, in the past, and they've all been lovely cameras; but the Leicas are the only ones I've kept.

Back