Leica Summicron 35mm f/2: POST your photos

Did you use a hood?

I used this hood
leica-irooa-12571j-lens-hood-for-leitz-summaron-m-summicron-m-35mm-f2-elmar-m-44.99-33876-p[ekm]499x374[ekm].jpg

*Image copied from rockycameras.com

Please dont tell me I bought the wrong hood.....

Just read that the lens originally came with a vented hood :bang:

The vents' purpose is not to interfere with the viewfinder. They don't have any impact on the image AFAIK.

But you might have bought a longer hood that causes this problem. Definitely try shooting a similar scene with the hood and without it. One at infinity, one at close distance.

The vents' purpose is not to interfere with the viewfinder. They don't have any impact on the image AFAIK.

But you might have bought a longer hood that causes this problem. Definitely try shooting a similar scene with the hood and without it. One at infinity, one at close distance.

Ill do just that next weekend. I shot those photos wide open. Might that be the culprit ?

I though vignette affects all lenses, be it new state of the art Leica glass, or old Elmars... Or am I mistaking vignette for diffraction...

I might be wrong.
My experience is with the v3 and v4, but I never shoot wider than f4.0 :) In any case, your hood might be exacerbating the issue.

David (Hosermage) - love the creamy tones in your photos. Thanks also for the lead to the Mogrify plugin for lightroom - cheers!.

EDIT: I really don't like what Flickr has done to the nice photo I uploaded. The original file on my PC looks much smoother and less contrasty.

attachment.php

EDIT 2: Replaced it with a different photo.

Attachments

• Hexar-Summicron-ASPH.jpg
    Hexar-Summicron-ASPH.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
Back