CV 25mm finder Q?

burancap

Mentor
Local time
11:12 PM
Hi all,

Might someone owning the CV 25mm finder do me a quick favor?

I have noticed that my framelines appear rotated maybe ~5 degrees compared to the frame itself. I can't imagine the rear glass could rotate at all... Might this be some sort of correction, or... Is mine whacked up?

Take a peek?

Thanks in advance!

I've got 21 and 25 finders and just checked them both.
Neither has the framelines askew, as you've indicated yours seems to be.

The frame lines are a bit loose...unscrew it a bit and kinda tape it back in correct position...I've done it a few times be careful and all will be well...regards,Bill

The frame lines are a bit loose...unscrew it a bit and kinda tap it back in correct position...I've done it a few times be careful and all will be well...regards,Bill

Sorry... did not get to it until last night.

Well, that took about a minute to fix!

I was mislead by the shape of the finder into thinking the rear glass would be "rectangulish" and not able to move. Alas, it is indeed circular and has no method of preventing rotation.

It was simple enough to pull it apart, give it a quick clean, and reassemble. I decided not to implement any sort of adhesive fix, as I did not want to risk any hazing and again, it took a minute to adjust. Should it rotate again, I will look into a permanent fix.

Cheers to level horizons again!

Thanks!

I am away from home and don't have mine with me. I do remember the lines being slightly off. Did you simply pull hard to get it apart?

James,

Sorry, rereading that -it does sound like there were no tools involved. You need an appropriately sized Phillips head screwdriver.

Flip it over (shoe side up).

On both sides of the shoe is a single Phillips head screw (total of two).

Simply remove them and the body is a light press fit.

This definitely was a problem for me. If you don't want try adhesive, perhaps you should try fashioning a shim out of a bit of dark paper trimed with a razor blade, so reduce the likelihood of future slippage.

All three of my CV plastic finders (15mm, 21mm, and 25mm) eventually had this problem, and each was fixed with a drop of crazy glue to hold the frame line piece in place. I did the first such fix on my 21mm finder about eight years ago; and while I have since heard that such adhesives could fog the finder I've never had a problem with any of mine.

Back