need advice - leic cl and misspelled lenses manufacturer

_tom

Established
Local time
12:37 AM
hello everone,

i´ve seen in a small well kown shop a early near mint Leic cl (sn #1317xxx) with a 40/2 Leitz Summicorn-C (sn # 2562xxx) without caps, shade, straps and case. The camera and the meter is still functional and body looks like out of the box. The shop keeper want 540,00€ (approx. 675,00$) and I think it´s fair price - so far everything is fine. But please have a look onto the lense, the Letter "L" from Leitz is missing, the letter wasn´t even engraved. Has anyone ever seen such a "misspelling" on a Leitz lenses. I remember that i´ve seen misspelling on early nikkor-q lenses - but this is even new to me.
Even the "Westlicht Wien" shop sells these camera for twice the price. The shop keeper isn´t dump, he kowns the prices and the market. Am I wrong this lense is a collectible? And if, why is the price for the camera affordable, isn´t it? Is there a hook? Does anyone have a suggestion or advice why or why not I should buy the camera? In my opinion it´s a real bargain.

leica-cl.jpg

Fair price even without the special lens which may be worth more to collectors interested in stuff like that. Go for it.

Hi,

Can't comment on the lens and body without them in my hands but I think you ought to look around for an UV filter, lens hood and cap which are special ones for the CL lenses. Their prices tend to be very high, unless you spot one on ebay that no one has noticed or bid on. And cases are rare.

And you'll probably need a battery adapter (to take hearing aid batteries and lower the voltage). Or else Wein cells which can be expensive after buying a few...

As for the CL with both lenses and working OK, it's near perfect for a lot of people. Although some think a 28mm lens is needed...

Regards, David

Thanks to both of you for your help and advice. Today I bought the camera and ( what a blessing) the every day case, the lense cap, the strap and even the rubber hood belongs to the whole package. And every piece in mint cndition. Therefore the next thing to obtain is the a suitable filter.
A now a fresh Wine cell a roll of TriX and I'm off take photos.

For the Leica lens. You need a filter with no threads which sits inside the rubber hood and held in place when the hood is screwed on.

Summicron has an odd thread and regular screw on filters don't work that well.

Need series 5.5 filters

DON

Back