Anyone for highy collectable Contax II?

I don't understand this attitude at all. Why wouldn't you ever buy from Craigslist? I've bought and sold cars cameras all kinds of stuff. Are you the type that thinks buying from a dealer is the only way to go?

I may have spoke to loudly, I have sold on CL, to fund my OMD-E-M5. I guess, I am not not that familiar with CL as a whole.

I always look at the way things are worded in those adds that get posted on here (never peruse CL myself). This one sounded wrong from the get go. I missed the part about the date of the shutter build, even though I read that, and let it go completely over my head (that happens more often the older I get). But the amount that he was asking really put it at scam level. Maybe he's figuring the mark will try to negotiate a lower price, thinking they are getting a bargain, while the scammer makes off with their cash.

PF

You, gentlemen, are amazing. I would never take this for a scam of this sort. I thought this is someone looking to make a lot of money on nothing. Great investigation!!!

And harrass innocent sellers...............

So you don't think people have a right to sell on CL?????

Sorry for creating confusion, Colyn. I'm talking about this specific fraudulent listing. We know the photos are bogus.

And, as noted, the listing has been removed.

Commence Operation Flag!

Why???

Just because the seller does not know what he is talking about doesn't mean we should flag.. Are you the official net cop???

Nobody is going to buy anyway...

"Upon close examination of this camera body during its overhaul servicing, it was professionally noticed that the shutter was placed in the Contax ll camera upside down. This was a common mistake during the post WW ll
period in Jena (1950-1951) when only a small amount of these were made for a camera show. Lack of the original schismatics which were destroyed during war time bombings, only offered the Contax ll Jena factory assemblers the ability to assemble the Contax ll body from memory. This particular Contax ll was identified to be post WWll Jena made, because of the upside down shutter that was recently discovered during the only overhaul service, since the original purchase."

:eek:

Probably the silliest and dumbest lines dropped on the Internet about the Contax II cameras, ever !

Just for this, it's worth $3600, no doubt ! :D :D :D :D

It did make for some comical reading.. :p :p :p

I guess an upside-down shutter might be useful in Australia, to get the pictures the right way around.

Cheers,
Dez

Why???

Just because the seller does not know what he is talking about doesn't mean we should flag.. Are you the official net cop???

Nobody is going to buy anyway...

He's giving false information and representing his item as something it's not, he's also stolen photos. There is a reason Craigslist users can flag ads. This type of ad is the perfect example.

He's giving false information and representing his item as something it's not, he's also stolen photos. There is a reason Craigslist users can flag ads. This type of ad is the perfect example.

Do you know that for a fact? Maybe he is giving information that was given to him by someone else..

I suspect the seller doesn't have a clue...

Since you say he is posting stolen images you should also post proof of the stolen images otherwise your statement can be construed as you giving false information...

Back