Do you like to have your photo taken?

I've always had serious self-image issues and really dislike the way I look. So except for the mandatory Wedding and Bar Mitzvah type family shots, I generally avoid being photographed by persons I know. On the other hand, when my picture is taken on the street by strangers who will never show them to me, I don't care at all.

Why would any sane person care?

Cheers,

R.

Did not know this question was directed exclusively to the sane?

I don't care for it, the results often look too much like me, that said, if I can hide most of me behind an attractive woman, I can tolerate it.

I think Jorge has your photo with him on his desk.

J

turnaround is fair play. who am I to say "no" given how heedlessly I point my camera? that said, I'll agree with Bob Michaels. you're welcome to aim a lens at me, but why would you want to do that?

As long as I don't have to look at the photo...

Seriously: I take photos of people on the street every day, so I think it's only fair not to stop others from taking pictures. If they can't find anything better to photograph than me, then so be it.

I wouldn't stop someone from taking my photo, but I'm definitely not a fan of being in front of the lens instead of behind it.

, Cartier-Bresson noted that it wasn't necessarily that he hated to be photographed, but it was that he was embarrassed by the notion of being photographed for being famous.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Cartier-Bresson

Well that's going to be my excuse from now on!

I don't like to have my photograph taken because I always get a strange look on my face and I have no idea why. I don't like to take pictures of people either. My wife got a good picture of me one time. - Jim

I'm ok with having my picture taken in public by strangers. I even pose in photographs with strangers whether or not they know it at the time. ;)

I don't like having my picture taken by friends because I don't want it uploaded to facebook. I'm simply not vain or naive enough to appreciate that.

... I was shocked that I was affected, I think it could have been the "stealthy" way he tried to do it that upset me ... oh, and I'm not particularly photogenic either so it wasn't a vanity thing

I am being mostly photographed when shooting 4x5" Tachihara in a public and then I really do not mind - with a camera like that I am pretty much asking for it :)

I am not sure someone ever tried to photograph me 'normally'. So my reaction would be a surprise I guess unless I would be doing something that calls for attraction (I am not THAT cool looking guy after all ;) )

But in general no - I would not mind too much.

Must be in thousands of family albums around the globe, never minded, sometimes i just dont look in to the camera, but usually i just dont care. Must be very few poses i made, but sometimes that happens.

I don't like being in other people's picture so I usually just turn my head in the opposite direction, unless a cute woman is taking a picture then I will pose for her.

I like having my photo taken. Sometimes I feel a little left out since i'm always the one looking through the camera..

I do not mind being photographed but I do not like flash light. It doesn't matter if I'm the one getting photographed or if its someone/something else near me. I find flash extremely disruptive. I wouldn't necessarily ask the photographer to stop; it would depend on the situation.

... I was shocked that I was affected, I think it could have been the "stealthy" way he tried to do it that upset me ... oh, and I'm not particularly photogenic either so it wasn't a vanity thing

I know what you mean about being affected and the stealthy approach. He might have just been connecting with his own inner International Street "PhoTOG" Eric Kim character and didn't mean to come across as stealthy.

Back