I need 300 pledges to buy a copy of my Milton Keynes book to be published

Impression Milton Keynes

Impression Milton Keynes

Just got to finish reading my copy. Very well done Vicky, you have opened my eyes to the real MK, and I have been going there since the late `70s ! 160 pages and not a roundabout in sight, thank you for that :rolleyes: Love your contrasty, saturated colour photo`s, I would be interested to learn what film you used.
I think that the MK Council should hand out a copy of your book to all future possible new MK residents. It has made me want to return to MK and explore the "real" city, the parks, the waterways.
Thank you, you should feel very proud.

Awaiting mine for holiday reading enjoyment. Hats off to Vicky for her resilience and persistance in getting it published!

Just got to finish reading my copy. Very well done Vicky, you have opened my eyes to the real MK, and I have been going there since the late `70s ! 160 pages and not a roundabout in sight, thank you for that :rolleyes: Love your contrasty, saturated colour photo`s, I would be interested to learn what film you used.
I think that the MK Council should hand out a copy of your book to all future possible new MK residents. It has made me want to return to MK and explore the "real" city, the parks, the waterways.
Thank you, you should feel very proud.

Thanks Roger, the film used did vary but all the early photos were taken on Kodachrome 64, views of Campbell Park, the housing at Oxley Woods, Bradwell Common, Emerson Valley being examples of that. There is also a lot of Elite Chrome 100 (which I moved on to after KR64 ran out) such as the Wolverton Mill balancing lake shot, the fishing shot on the Teardrop Lakes. There is also a lot of Ektar (Bletchley Park, Tongwell Street etc.), a lot of Portra 160NC/400NC/New 160/New 400. There is also some Fuji, mostly Reala and Superia 200, some 400. The back cover shot was Fuji Provia 400X pushed 2 stops. The front cover was Kodachrome.

Thanks for the kind comments and great to meet you on Thursday.

The message with MK is - get out of the car and take a look around. You might be surprised.

Awaiting mine for holiday reading enjoyment. Hats off to Vicky for her resilience and persistance in getting it published!

Thanks! It's been a tough going process to say the least.

If anybody else pre-registered please please if you can, pop an order for a book together on my website http://vickylamburn.com/book-store -- I know you're sick of hearing from me, but if I can make the project break even having done the print run based off the pre-registration numbers, it would be a massive relief to me.

I know a lot may be waiting for payday or are a bit short at the moment, I completely understand so in your own time of course.

Of course if you don't want one, fair cop :)

But you can guarantee I'll deliver any orders with a big smile and a big thank you! :)

I understand Amazon UK are out of stock at the moment, as and when they file another order with me I'll despatch them to Amazon (via the wholesaler) same day to ensure people get their books in the most timely of fashion.

Thanks again for the support, I know I keep saying it but it does mean a tremendous amount to me.

Vicky

I ordered my signed copy from your website. One of your books will find a good home in Helsinki, Finland.

That's wonderful, thank you so much for the purchase. I really hope you enjoy it.

Books should be despatching today and tomorrow if the packaging I ordered eventually turns up (a bit of a saga in itself...)

Any more for any more folks? :)

Vicky

My signed book just dropped through the door at work, excellent! Well, that's my working day ruined. Impression (see what I did there?) later.

Hi Vicky I processed an order for your book. Not sure if I did or didn't mark the "signature" request so please do sign. Looking forward to it on many different levels.

cheers Jan

Hi Vicky I processed an order for your book. Not sure if I did or didn't mark the "signature" request so please do sign. Looking forward to it on many different levels.

cheers Jan

Thank you Jan! You have marked it as a signed copy so that's fine. I'll make sure it goes on the order.

It will despatch airmail today so you should have it next week sometime.

Really hope you enjoy it and many many thanks for your support over the years :)

Vicky

Vicky, the book arrived today and I have done a quick look through - + read the text. Will take the rest of the afternoon off and look more carefully.
Nice work, congratulations - and you look good on the cow (no explanation given - as this might get people to buy their own copy!).
At some time I have been through MK - remember the roundabouts (lots of those) - but this gives a new, and better "face" to a place that was much maligned in the beginning.
One question, is the weather always that nice - I remember rain there?
Whats the next project? You cant stop now.
Tom

Vicky, the book arrived today and I have done a quick look through - + read the text. Will take the rest of the afternoon off and look more carefully.
Nice work, congratulations - and you look good on the cow (no explanation given - as this might get people to buy their own copy!).
At some time I have been through MK - remember the roundabouts (lots of those) - but this gives a new, and better "face" to a place that was much maligned in the beginning.
One question, is the weather always that nice - I remember rain there?
Whats the next project? You cant stop now.
Tom

Thanks Tom, I hope you enjoy the book. Hehe, yes being on top of a cow seemed a fitting 'author' photo!

There are still lots of roundabouts, but as anybody who lives in MK says, they'd take those over traffic lights! The book is a about the current state of play of MK, its moved on a lot from the 1970s but most opinion about it is little more than a refashioning of the early comments passed in the 1970s.

Is the weather always that nice. Of course not. There were times where I got soaking wet, times where I froze outdoors in hail and snow. I went out and around MK in all weathers, some of the shots have that snow. Some hint at the rain I got soaked by. This one being evidence alone I got soaked to the bone:

As for what's next, I'm playing my cards a bit close to my chest, but yes there will be more from me, much more. The next one will be a bit closer to home, focusing on a part of the South East that is relatively poorly documented in the way that I see it. It will be a journey of around 40 miles long and have some dramatically changing landscapes on the way...

:)

Vicky

Vicky my copy landed yesterday. Thanks! It's quite the book you've written. I was an urban geography major at one time so I know I'll enjoy the book. For those who haven't a copy it's blend of photography, interviews with qualified people and Vicky's own writing.

Now I'll get a coffee and find an easy chair and begin reading.

Vicky my copy landed yesterday. Thanks! It's quite the book you've written. I was an urban geography major at one time so I know I'll enjoy the book. For those who haven't a copy it's blend of photography, interviews with qualified people and Vicky's own writing.

Now I'll get a coffee and find an easy chair and begin reading.

Hi Jan,
Thanks! Yes a lot of people have said they weren't expecting quite as much text as there is, I still think in the main its about the pictures but the feedback I got from the first draft was that people liked the pictures, but wanted to know more about them. And that's the book you see.

I really hope you enjoy. As my first attempt, I'm happy with the outcome. But I'm also looking forward to the next project and really upping my game photographically, I have a lot to learn yet!

Vicky

Back