Votes: 54 9.3%

• Total voters
I've become a full fledged F2 Gal... Crons in 35 & 50

Though somewhere in the House is a 1.5 Summarit , 50 lux
If I'm Desperate for Speeeeed

I've become a full fledged F2 Gal... Crons in 35 & 50

Though somewhere in the House is a 1.5 Summarit , 50 lux
If I'm Desperate for Speeeeed

35 & 50 Summicron makes a perfect kit in my book, optionally add a 90mm Summicron and 21 Super-Angulon-M and everything covered that can be done with a RF camera. :)

Now where are the funds for the 35mm Summicron-M ... :bang:

35/2 Asph for me, and I liked my current version 50 summicron, but something weird happened and I think one of the lens elements is loose, causing some nasty flare issues, so I picked up a 50/1.5 CV a few years ago and now prefer it to the Leica. I really should send the summicron off to be looked at and repaired. I'd be willing to try a collapsible 50/2.8 or 3.5 some time.

I almost never use aperture below 5.6 with film or APS-C digital. Dof is my bread and butter and if I needed bokeh to impress internet people or flatter some girl who's portrait I took, lens blur in photoshop CS5 is my friend.

With current digital ISO capability and rating going through the roof, I won't mind a 35mm f5.6 and a 50mm f8 as long as they're cheap.

I have a voigtlander 50mm f1.5 and and 35mm summicron v3, both get used a lot and are very nice lenses. However, I think I am more of a 50mm man.

35 & 50 Summicron makes a perfect kit in my book, optionally add a 90mm Summicron and 21 Super-Angulon-M and everything covered that can be done with a RF camera. :)

Now where are the funds for the 35mm Summicron-M ... :bang:

:cool:...:D...:)

I have Summicron 35mm V1, 50 mm DR and Summicron 90mm V1. All of them are fast (f/2.0). I always use 35mm on my M2. the others are very very rarely.

I had a 50 'cron, sold it for a 35 'cron, then sold the 35 and now I have a 50 again. I think the focal lengths are so close you can get by with either without changing much. I wear glasses and the 35 frame line was always just out of my field of view which helped contribute to my return to 50. Either is great though.

F/2 is not fast, except 28 and below, today.

At least that's how it seems to me :)

So, you have your low light set, and your light, small and sharp set.

Unless you have summiluxi ;)

I do have a 28/2 now, but that means no summiluxes :(

The little nokton is almost there...you can get away with it as the one 35.

I've settled on my 35/2.8 Summaron on the M3, and my Carl Zeiss Sonnar 1.5 ('fifties version). These two make a perfect pair, unexpectedly. Nearly identical signature and color rendition. It's handy, cause I get a backup body in the deal, my Dad's Contax IIIa with Henry's magic touch. Both fit nicely in my smallest LowePro bag, the EX140.

F/2 seems to hit the soft spot of speed/quality/size.
If I would go faster, the nokton 1.1 and 1.2 would probably be it (well unless I find a Hexanon 1.2 in the street)

The 35 and 50 never go out at the same time though I prefer fast versions of both. I pair the 35 with a 75mm and the 50 with a 21mm.

Phil Forrest

I feel much the same way. The 35mm and 50mm do not go out at the same time, the 35mm goes out with a 75mm, and the 50mm goes out with a 90mm. For a three lens kit, I add a 24mm. All f1.4, except the 50mm with is f1.

50 Lux ASPH and 35 Cron ASPH are getting the most play recently.

I do like fast 50's and enjoy the VC Nokton 50/1.5 ASPH and Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f1.5 as well.

. . . . . on any given day the mood can change and the focal length of the lens as well.

It's all good.

can't vote, only have 1 lens, 50 cron. was thinking about getting a 35mm lens next, but decided to only shoot with the cron for at least a year. gonna try and master this lens...although sometimes, i do feel that I'm more of a '35mm man', but i know myself very well...if i had the 35, then i'd be itching for the 50.

Having gone through too many of both I think I have now found my favourite two:

Zeiss 50mm Sonnar f1.5 ZM (2 lenses on one) and Leica 35mm Summicron ASPH (as f2 by far the best 35 I have ever seen).

This is closely followed by another Zeiss/Summicron pairing, where speed is less of an issue, Leica 50mm Summicron-M (or Zeiss Planar 50/s) and Zeiss 35mmBiogon f2.8-C

Back