Let's see your Leica M

Pas mal du tout !

The MP is my favourite, I regret selling it. Don't worry about changing the skin. I was like your but I ended up liking the original grip so...
Leica does it, lots of serious shops do it (Photosuffren, Procirep) so I don't think it changes anything. I have witnessed it and they simply apply the new fabric. Your MP is not waterproof anyway :D

Here's my MP again ; i'm considering changing the covering for real leather - but i wonder if it's good for the camera (no waterproof and bad grip i think?)

playing with LR presets :)

The ON/OFF switch says it's a digital. Either M8.2 or M9. :)
Beautiful design anyway...

What I love is that it's the opposite of this page's first picture, a silver M9 with a 50 2.8 silver.

Both look awesome.
Yes I see but the M7 also has an on/off switch, no? (it has been awhile since I played with one)

Indeed, but the inscriptions related to the switch (the white inscriptions) differ from the M7 (which has none I think) ;)

IMAG0179.jpg

. Leica M6 titanium。Leica Summilux 35/1.4 Double Aspherical (AA)
. Leica M7 Black (.85)。Leitz Summicron 35/2 II
. Leica M7 titanium (.72)。Zeiss ZM C-Sonnar 50/1.5
. Leica MP Black Paint (.72)。Leica Summilux 50/1.4 pre-asph (Black Paint)

New member here and wanted to share

Just added the thumbs up as well as added a focusing tab on the summicron. Plan on changing the skin next.

My current more streamlined setup:

M4-2
Pre-Asph 35 Summilux
ZM Planar
Pre-Asph 90 Summicron (on its way to DAG for collimation)
Sekonic L398
and lastly my CADPAT backpack which I think no one would assume to be a camera bag, plus it has loads of spare room for film, notepads, and my NEX-7 setup

My Leica M by DaveJT, on Flickr

Lately I have been thinking of selling the M4-2 and the Sekonic and putting the money towards an M6 to streamline things even more, and possibly ditching the 90 in favour of just the 35 & 50. The goal is to have a small and highly capable kit to take with me when I start my new career in the CF this year.

Last edited:
Back