ID this mount?

Local time
12:35 PM
Can anyone ID this lens mount?

7AC8CD46-F7B5-4C5A-A6DE-D9AB5A10218A-4106-000004084882D77C.jpg

Save posting all the images there are a bunch more here
http://www.realphotographersforum.com/your-kit/8284-komura-135mm-f2-8-a.html

I'm stumped!

My first leap would be Exakta, but the spacing looks maybe a bit off??? Might be my iPad too!

How about Nikon?

It looks like the original Nikon F mount. Being a pre-set lens, it has no auto-diaphragm linkage and no meter coupling.

If so, the deep overhanging black knurled outer part (visible in the pix on the linked page) would prevent it from mounting on any Nikon body other than the F, F2, Nikkormat FS, & Nikkorex F unless the lens is modified by milling off the overhang.

All of the original 1959-60 Nikkors introduced with the F have a similar overhang. The overhang was reduced to about 1.5mm when the Nikkormat series went into development as the Nikkormat FT's meter coupling conflicts with the deep overhang.

The overhang reminded of my 45mm GN ... But I was sure it had more ... Erm ... Nobbly bits ... For want of much better words!?
So it wouldn't work with any metered heads?
I get my brain in a bit of a whirl when I try and think about how some of these things are actually working ...

The overhang reminded of my 45mm GN ... But I was sure it had more ... Erm ... Nobbly bits ... For want of much better words!?
So it wouldn't work with any metered heads? ...

It will work fine with all of the F and F2 Photomic finders. With the TTL versions you would need to set them up for stop-down metering since the lens lacks any meter coupling.

Addenda:
Whoops - wrong lens. The need to use stop-down statement was meant for the OPs lens. The 45mm GN will work in the fully coupled full-aperture mode with all F Photomics and with the DP-1 and DP-2 F2 Photomics. It needs to be used in the stop-down mode only with the Ai coupled F2 Photomics. I've never run across a deep overhang GN and don't believe they ever existed. Without the deep overhang the GN will fit all non-Ai bodies and those early Ai bodies that had provision for accepting non-Ai lenses (F2 Photomics, FM, FE, Nikkormat FT3, Nikkormat EL2)

Last edited:
Back