Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Original BP M3 + 50 Lux pre-ASPH

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

ark8012

Established
Local time
2:27 AM
I am thinking to take one of those sets.

But I cannot decide which.... :bang:

I will use the camera, not shelf queen.

Which one should I pick, and why??

help...

WEll if I was shooting film and I am .. I would consider the pre asph lens..

I am not looking for clinical sharpness.. but character wide open..

What matters most to you?

There are very few cameras that I really 'want' and the MP3 is at the top of my list.....as far as lenses go, both are great.....

Cheers, michael

Come on, are you sure you wouldn't start babying the black M3? I would never ever be able treat a black M3 like any other camera that is juste there to do the job...

I'm usually pretty good about actually USING whatever camera I have. But I'm not sure I could do that w/ a (original) black paint M3... Maybe if it was already beat up quite a bit already when I got it. Maybe.
-Brian

Gabor said it -- MP3 if you need meter. Personally, I'd go for the MP3 with the retro-styled 50 ASPH. you can always pick up an M3 body later.

I can't see carrying an original BP M3 around. Too pricey to risk, just shoot any old M3 and put the BP on the shelf. :)

MP3 has the meter as Gabor says, but also 35mm frame lines. A great camera for walking around with. The BP 50/1.4 ASPH doesn't have the focus tab if that matters. The black chrome lenses look great on the MP3 tho.

This time I would choose for the MP3. I've heard it's framelines are more precise than the framelines of the MP.
Btw, the framelines of the MP are the worst part of the camera, really not in line with the quality of the rest of it.

Erik.

I can't see carrying an original BP M3 around. Too pricey to risk, just shoot any old M3 and put the BP on the shelf. :)

haha..

Well.. Both kit have a very similar value...

I think I will not get a shelf queen, just user condition.. so.. it doesn't matter.. right??

haha..

Well.. Both kit have a very similar value...

I think I will not get a shelf queen, just user condition.. so.. it doesn't matter.. right??

Have you seen many user MP3s around? only 1000 were made (500 each in chrome and black). I suspect many are sitting on selves rather than out being used.

Have you seen many user MP3s around? only 1000 were made (500 each in chrome and black). I suspect many are sitting on selves rather than out being used.

No. I was talking about BP M3. For the similar value, I think I could get a mint or mint- condition of MP3.

Back