2020 Voigtlander Discontinued Lenses

Odd... Both of these are great performers, neither are that old, and neither has been directly replaced. The 35/f1.7 in particular has had rave reviews. I wonder what gives?

Elsewhere in this thread there are a number of reports of poor ergonomics for those lenses.

I'd love to see the original Ultron 35/1.7 LTM lens design brought back in a new and improved housing. I love the way this lens renders, the size and handling are beautiful, but the front aperture barrel is prone to wobble, and numerous examples have internal hazing over time. The hazing can't be removed because parts of the lens block are glued, apparently. From what I've read, the hazing is from the glue degassing over time.

I have a good copy of the LTM Ultron, but I've messed up the focus by trying to take it apart and fix the wobbly barrel. The aperture detent ball fell out and I can't get it back in, and it no longer focuses correctly. Getting it fixed will cost almost as much as what I paid for it. :(

Can't understand the EOL of the Ultron 1.7/35 VM.
It is one of the best 35mm lenses with M-Mount on the market!
A lot better than the Ultron 2/35 and very different to the Nokton 1.2/35.

My hope is that they only killed the lenses with the knurled focus ring (nokton 50 and Ultron 35)
The nokton 50 still has a successor; maybe we will see the Ultron 1.7 35 in a new housing too! :angel:

Back