3D printed camera accessories...

shawn

Mentor
Local time
9:28 AM
For anyone with access to a 3d printer there are a bunch of great accessories available to print. Thought it might be useful to have a thread linking in some good ones. None of these are my design but are all free to download for personal use.

Hotshoe insert film reminder

Leica lens coding tool

Leica M3 eyepiece cover

Leica M2/3 Grip

ABLON

35mm takeup spool on 120 reel (good for 35mm panoramic on MF camera)

Lens hood and cap (I scale this up/down for Elmars and things like that)

LTM rear lens cap

Shower bar clothes pin negative holder (These are great!)

(2) roll 120 film holder (there are dozens of variations of these for 120 and 35mm, I like this one as two rolls fit in a pocket easily)

120 film masks (6x4.5,6x6,6x7 and 6x9) (Good for scanning by digital camera)

and many many more....

Shawn

Great thread, Shawn! I had no idea such variety of files existed. I do have a 3D printed hood for my 1.4 35mm Nokton, and I love it.

Was curious about the Leica M2 grip above so I printed one to try on my M3. It was slightly too short and didn't fit well. I scaled the long dimension by 2mm and that was just about perfect.

50145371392_ff3757a1c8_b.jpg

50144589683_19c6e7f54e_b.jpg

50145131711_ae2e1fd7e6_b.jpg

I like that it is full length and I also don't like that. Makes it stable on a table, looks better and is very stable (using the accessory pin) but to change film you have to remove the grip, then the baseplate. Not sure how much I will actually use it but it fits great and is very comfortable. Adds almost no weight, with 50% infill and 1mm walls it weighs 36 grams. Had the scale down the 1/4" screw to about 96% (xy) to fit OK in the M3.

Wasn't sure what to do with the first print that was 2mm shorter.... then I tried this...

50144589738_a6ef39e8b5_b.jpg

50144589763_7f63a0bf4c_b.jpg

50145131661_cca6e13fe3_b.jpg

Really fits the IIIG well and my IIIF too.

The grip has a cutout for the self timer but it is sized for the M2/M3 and doesn't go high enough for the IIIG. Again, not sure I'd use this but if I was planning on walking around holding the camera for a long time it does make it much more secure feeling. Printing the 3/8" screw for the IIIG now so I don't know about scaling here.

Shawn

Great idea for a thread.

35mm film holder for digitizing with a digital camera on a light pad:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3985120

If you have a totally dead Minox camera and would like to use that beautiful lens, you can remove the Color Minotar lens and adapt it to M39 with this adapter. There is no coupling though. Disassembling the camera to extract the lens has one tricky point, but it's not too hard.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DiTz72XK4tMCnvKtaT9LIWLLuFVnidpD?usp=sharing

Original credit to Levi King for the design. I made the adapter slightly shallower because I was not hitting infinity.

You can also remove the Minox viewfinder while you are at it and use it as a 35mm viewfinder in the hotshoe.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O36DEB7Sf65rbiNYCc_IFnRtSnsxLd0H?usp=sharing

For other 3D printing ideas, I highly recommend the facebook group "3D printing and analog photography" and the Discord group for Goodman Cameras https://discord.gg/mh7hfV

There is a user named MaxWanderlush on Discord who has posted files to make a viewfinder housing from a whole bunch of different point & shoot cameras. I made one from a dead SureShot Owl that is big and bright. It requires some surgery, but a super cheap way to have a bright viewfinder.

I can't find the file now but I printed a similar version of that 35mm film holder. It might have been a remix of that one as it looks about the same, the only difference is it has a film winding knob in it.

That is awesome for the Minox. I bought a kit to adapt one to E mount but being able to reuse the viewfinder is great.

Note for anyone wanting to print the grips above. Looks like my printer's tolerances have shifted slightly so rescaling may not be needed. I'm underprinting a little less than 1% on the Y axis and will tweak that out.

Shawn

3D printed winder knob for Nikon FE/M(x). As a left eyed shooter, it saves my right eye from being poked out, and allows the camera to be carried around turned on without snagging on everything.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 23
For anyone with an OM-2SP, OM-3(Ti), OM-4(Ti) you might be pleased to learn that someone made an exact copy of the screw on grip accessory that is now hard to find and astronomically priced. I’ve printed it out successfully and have it on my OM-4Ti right now. I quite like it!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2952837

For anyone with an OM-2SP, OM-3(Ti), OM-4(Ti) you might be pleased to learn that someone made an exact copy of the screw on grip accessory that is now hard to find and astronomically priced. I’ve printed it out successfully and have it on my OM-4Ti right now. I quite like it!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2952837

Ian, I printed this grip also--what did you use for the screw? I ended up just using a lot of gaffer's tape to stick it on.

Ian, I printed this grip also--what did you use for the screw? I ended up just using a lot of gaffer's tape to stick it on.

I used a very short M3x5 screw for attaching a computer motherboard to case standoffs that I had in my stash of computer parts. They should be relatively easy to source from any hardware store though. It’s not the prettiest look - I only had gray filament at the time, matte black is on order. Also, the screw hole in the grip isn’t at quite the right angle to line up perfectly with the camera body so you will most likely need to hone it out a bit to get it to fit.

ZwQW0Xw.jpg

YUe7oko.jpg

Hmm...a file to 3D print an accessory cold shoe for the Canon 7 camera would be nice, as the Canon made original cold shoe attachment are hard to find and expensive to buy.

Back