A cool Epson R-D1s lottery... for current (2021) owners in Japan

jsrockit

Staff member
Local time
2:01 AM
From PetaPixel:

https://petapixel.com/2021/11/02/eps...-them-to-fans/

"There are a few steps that are required to be eligible to get one. First, applicants must live in Japan. Second, applicants must prove that they were at some point a user of the R-D1 series of cameras by sumbitting a photo taken with the camera (EXIF data will be checked). Since there are a limited number of cameras, anyone who enters will have their name put into a lottery. Those who are selected will have their photo exhibited at the Epson Square Marunouchi Gallery in January. Those lottery winners will be given the chance to purchase the R-D1 for 2,000 yen, which is about $18."

A part of me wishes I still lived in Japan. At one point I was going to buy an R-D1s when I was there but I just opted for my Zeiss Ikon ZM.

That's super cool on so many levels.

When I was in Japan in 2010, I handled a RD1s and RD1x at one of the smaller camera stores, and was very tempted to get one. But I had just got my M9, and the thought of spending money on a cropped sensor camera with older tech dampened my enthusiasm. I bought a nice magazine-book about the RD1 instead, which had loads of photos of the camera, and samples taken with different lenses around Japan. I still wouldn't mind one!

Back