A thank you and a wish for the 2023 of RFF

robert blu

quiet photographer
Local time
10:29 AM
First I would like to thank Stephen, Mp Guy and whoever else has worked and is still working to give us this new version of RFF: thank you.

But I would also like to take this opportunity to make a wish, for the Forum and for those who participate.

I have been attending RFF since 2005 and I remember the early days when there were only a few of us but the sense of community was strong. We were a group of people with a powerful common interest in photography sure but we were not just a forum of enthusiasts: we were always ready to help each other. Some with technical notions and suggestions, some through their knowledge of photography and its history, some in other ways.

Always respecting each other's ideas even if they were different from our own.

I know that times change, people (including me) change and technologies also, many people have left the forum, others unfortunately are no longer on this earth, but I still wish RFF to remain in that spirit of friendship and mutual support among members.

We photograph with film or digitally, we love black and white or color, documentary photography, portraits or crerativity: it doesn't matter, the important thing is that we all share a common passion.

It's good to talk about it, to discuss our experiences and opinions: yes this is also photography because doing photography is not just shooting and producing. It is much more than that. And if our ideas differ let's talk about it (how boring if we all thought the same way!) but please always with respect and a sense of friendship.

Now that Stephen and his team have given us this new version of RFF let's not make it just "another photography site"!

Let's keep it special! Please, let's keep it special!

This is my wish for RFF in 2023, with friendship

robert
PS: I hope I posted this in the right section of RFF !

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Robert,

I fully support this. Let’s support each other.

This new site is mighty wonderful, and know that I have many trusted friends here. Let’s keep this going and keep in pure.

Cal

I fully agree with @robert blu . For me, RFF is of great size (not too busy like fb groups, not too small), it has quite an eclectic team of experienced photographers and there is always good advice on hand when needed.

Keep up the good work, thus new website is great.

I agree with you. In the last months I haven't participated too much, but when I have been to come this forum has been like a fresh breath for me... and it is because of the poeple who participate here. Thanks to the forum team and menbers. And I hope I will be able to participate a bit more...

Indeed. And a line I heard today (not for the first time, but it's apt) -- we may sometimes have to agree to disagree, but let's not be disagreeable.

I support what Robert has said above. Thank you Robert. I have spend many hours in RFF for many years, and I want this site to stay friendly and informative and be special.

This is my wish also. RFF gives me so much joy, it is a place of happiness for something I love. And that only works if we commit to philia and agape. So yes, let's go that way and enjoy our common love for photography and support each other in our diversity and different interests. Thank you Robert for this post! And I absolutey second the 'thank you Stephen, Mp Guy and whoever else has worked and is still working to give us this new version of RFF'!

All the best to you Robert, I remember your friendship when I visited Italy in 2017 and I agree with your wish for 2023.
John Mc

Robert blu, I am in complete agreement with your wish. I see no reason for rudeness or disrespect among members.

I am also thankful to Stephen and his team for their constant attention to this forum and for the latest updates.

- Murray

Robert, I was thinking the same as I logged in today. Thank you to everyone who has worked on the upgrade and kept a unique community together. More power to you and best wishes to everyone for 2023.

The new site is excellent; my thanks as well to Stephen, MP Guy, and all others who make RFF the good site that it is.

And how nice it is to drop in a flower of approval off my phone catalog without a hitch. Thank you, Jorge.

Happy new year to friends and colleagues here.

D7B4D192-EB92-4A49-98A8-3531E5C10E0F.jpeg

That is a really nice feature. How does one go about placing a photo like that ? I don't see a list of FAQ's or other info on using this new site.

That is a really nice feature. How does one go about placing a photo like that ? I don't see a list of FAQ's or other info on using this new site.
On my iphone: I click the picture logo in the menu bar above, then choose my phone photos. It’s easy now; the recent (intermediate) version made this terrifically hard and buggy.

I have been around since December 2004, but with a long gap between 2008ish and 2013. I like this forum and do some photography with old rangefinders (but only a few rolls of film per year). The recent update of the forum seems good (although I had problems changing my password).

Thank you for this thread Robert, like others I share these sentiments! Thank you Stephen and Jorge! My best wishes to everyone for 2023. Thank you all for making this a special place.

Yes, DEFINITELY... a huge THANK YOU to everyone that has built, maintained, and participated in RFF all these years!! Its always a pleasure to visit with all the interesting thinking going on here; never a dull moment. Happy 2023!

It was a very tough holiday season 2022 for me, the chaos is only now subsiding.

Thank you, robert_blu, for your thoughts and wishes. Thank you also Stephen and the rest of the RFF team for continuing to provide and develop this place. And thank you once again to all the many participants here for all the photos, thoughts, ideas, and even the sometimes strenuous debate ... for what decent conversation doesn't occasionally contain a bit of disagreement, passion, and compromise from time to time? ;) It is often from precisely that stuff that we learn new things.

This year has started slowly for me in some senses, a good bit of what I'm working on right now is unattended to rendering and finishing of photos I imagined and captured over the past year. For instance, I spent Friday scanning about a year or two's worth of Polaroid captures (300+) that had been sitting, stacking up on my bookshelves waiting for me to scan and review them.

I hope for a better year to come, with more pointed efforts in my photography as well as more travel and time outside the neighborhood walk... And continued impassioned discussion and grand photographs here. :D

G

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Well said @Godfrey. More thanks and good wishes to everyone here.

Personally, I run hot and cold on forum life in general but am glad to be here and grateful to the community. Wishing everyone a healthy, productive, and creative year ahead.

John

Great sentiments, Robert.
Recently, I discovered about 12-15 undeveloped rolls of film I had shot during 2010. That has led me back to this forum where I haven't had any substantive interactions with people since 2008 or so. I'm hoping those rolls will push me back into photography after I get them developed.

There's a lot I need to catch up on, but it's good to be back.

Sherm

Back