Agfa APX 100 & 400 back for good - new batch!!!

... in a few months - yes.
Fotoimpex still sells their last 1000 rolls of the old version.

the new price is interesting .. I'm going to pass on this. I know the previous price was probably way too low but I'm not paying that much for it.

Heh heh Silvermax is APX 100.

yeah I figured, some sort of older version tho. I developed a silvermax and an APX roll in the same tank and the silvermax seemed a tiny bit thin. I'd rate it 80 for the same dev times in Rodinal.

Another "game to find the truth" in what Fotoimpex is saying... When was it that they said their 400 Iso film is "just around the corner"...
( a year, two years... three years ?)

Another "game to find the truth" in what Fotoimpex is saying... When was it that they said their 400 Iso film is "just around the corner"...
( a year, two years... three years ?)
In the link posted by the OP Mirko explains again, that they can't produce the 400 for a market compatible price.
So the project is skipped...

In the link posted by the OP Mirko explains again, that they can't produce the 400 for a market compatible price.
So the project is skipped...
I think the truth and explanation is that they cannot afford the master roll that kentmere requires for "own brand" of 400 iso film. Maco has it in 35mm and 120... both in 100 iso and 400 iso versions...

I think the truth and explanation is that they cannot afford the master roll that kentmere requires for "own brand" of 400 iso film. Maco has it in 35mm and 120... both in 100 iso and 400 iso versions...
This implication is a little bit too mean for my taste...
But yes, the occurrence of Kentmere in the market has changed the situation.

IMO Lupus does with the APX line what they already have done with CN and slide film - selling a different film under the same designation.

No, and thats the problem.
How to keep the old one's (which is still around in the market) apart from the new's when using the same packing?
Processing times differ noticeably.
One can only hope they indicate the version in some kind...

Calm down, who says the packaging will be the same? The pictures linked in the post by Mirko are just random dummy pictures from their web shop, it is so plain obvious as the box still shows the original "Agfa" (not Agfaphoto) trademark which Lupus Media surely will not be allowed to use.

I think the truth and explanation is that they cannot afford the master roll that kentmere requires for "own brand" of 400 iso film.

Forgive me for being blunt, but this is bull****. And what exactly is your agenda? Spreading FUD?
Fotoimpex have already developed their own emulsion ISO400 film, it was coated by INOVISCOAT and the first run actually started to sell through their web shop about two years ago, but the project was put on ice due to some technical/production related issues and because of being not economically viable at the moment.
So, the ISO400 (Adoxpan) project by Fotoimpex does exist and is part of a very difficult effort to bring new film products to market, and that alone is an achievement that is worth much more than anything that MACO has ever done, which is more or less simply rebadging, repackaging and reselling whatever material they are getting their hands on.

I used to use APX 400 a lot; this stuff cannot be the same, the Rodinal 1+50 time they list is DOUBLE the time the old version I used required. They're saying 21 minutes at 1+50? That's insane, I cannot think of any film by any manufacturer needing such a long developing time in Rodinal 1+50. APX 400 used to require 10 minutes.

Strangely enough Chris 21 mins at 1:50 in Rodinal is very similar to as the old APX 400 (pre 2003) and although it seems insane in fact matches Agfa recommendations for that film development combo in the 1980's and 90's
Here is a quick scan from a 1990's Rodinal data sheet.

151402663.jpg

So that time won't be considered insane by those of us old enough to remember the old APX 400 from the last century.

Yes I was aware of that, just reminding Chris that the version prior to 2003 needed 20 mins in Rodinal 1:50.
The 2003-demise version was different, there was a whole warehouse full of that stuff-not sure what Lupus have been selling recently, could be Mortsel, Wolfen or any other EU factory.

Back