Agfa APX 100 & 400 back for good - new batch!!!

zsas

Established
Local time
6:37 AM
Yes it's true as per Mirko of ADOX/Fotoimpex (the maker of Rodinal):

As per Frau Google Translate:

Mirko Boeddecker
Yesterday, 17:39
AGFAPAN_APX_100.jpg 198.76 K downloaded: 3 times
Tomorrow is the last original lupus Leverkusen APX 100 in the trade.
From 1 August, they then supply the APX 100 and APX 400 from NEW.
We have added the new prices today, but only in a few days to get the goods.
We had quite a few films from the pre-production testing. Here are the new development times:
APX 100 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +25: 5:30 minutes
APX 100 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +50: 10:00 minutes

APX 400 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +25: 11:30 minutes
APX 400 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +50: 21:00 minutes

APX 100 NEW in ATOMAL stock solution: 9:30 minutes
APX 400 NEW in ATOMAL stock solution: 10:30 minutes
Best regards,
Mirko

Per:
http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?showtopic=3045&p=16214#entry16214

Any German folk out there know anymore intel?

Argh, I hate such behavior.
Same packaging for a different film, indistinguishable from the original.
And no one seems to know what's inside ...

I'm still not convinced one can trust Lupus entirely ...
Time will tell.

With an insidious name like Lupus, could it be that good?
The disease is horrible, using the body's immune system against selective tissues. Sometimes, it never flares. Sometimes it causes conditions that can kill.
One would think that someone in marketing would have looked up lupus (aside from the canine species group) and thought more about something else as a name.

Phil Forrest

If true it will be great news, the development times seem similar. Haempe I don't trust Lupus much either as they are just a distribution company–although in this case the news comes from Mirko at Fotoimpex, who I do actually trust and has a proven track record in trying to resurrect old materials.

That said I realise he isn't responsible for the fabrication of the new films.
My German is poor, but from what I'm reading the old Leverkusen APX from 2006 marketed by Lupus is almost gone, I didn't see where this new stuff originates from; the romantic in me would like Agfa Mortsel to be the coater, the pragmatist says Foma or Ilford.

Phill 'Lupus' is mediaeval Latin for wolf.

I'll try some before I place my judgement.

It just means that from now on it's guaranteed that AgfaPhoto APX is definitely NOT old Agfa made APX. Right?!

It just means that from now on it's guaranteed that AgfaPhoto APX is definitely NOT old Agfa made APX. Right?!
No, and thats the problem.
How to keep the old one's (which is still around in the market) apart from the new's when using the same packing?
Processing times differ noticeably.
One can only hope they indicate the version in some kind...

Am I the only one who like the agfaphoto apx 100 very much?

No, you aren't. I guess people who don't care for APX will not bother with this thread.

But the "new APX" will simply NOT be APX, but something completely different packaged in APX cartridges and boxes. Lupus own the rights to the name and can put in there whatever they like.

That's why I cannot get excited about it. If it were at least some Adox remake, I'd be thrilled, but the one thing Mirko is obviously allowed to say about this new film is that it's not made by them.

I used to use APX 400 a lot; this stuff cannot be the same, the Rodinal 1+50 time they list is DOUBLE the time the old version I used required. They're saying 21 minutes at 1+50? That's insane, I cannot think of any film by any manufacturer needing such a long developing time in Rodinal 1+50. APX 400 used to require 10 minutes.

I used to use APX 400 a lot; this stuff cannot be the same, the Rodinal 1+50 time they list is DOUBLE the time the old version I used required. They're saying 21 minutes at 1+50? That's insane, I cannot think of any film by any manufacturer needing such a long developing time in Rodinal 1+50. APX 400 used to require 10 minutes.
It's near the Kentmere times from MDC...

APX has been newly packaged old stock ever since its return (or so I'm told) so was always going to run out. At least there will be another film in its place. So in my book this is a good thing.

No, and thats the problem.
How to keep the old one's (which is still around in the market) apart from the new's when using the same packing?
Processing times differ noticeably.
One can only hope they indicate the version in some kind...

I was thinking of the endless debate of trying to answer what's inside the currently available AgfaPhoto APX 100. Is/was it really old stock of Agfa made APX?

Now people will know this is NOT old Agfa APX. Provided that they buy it from Fotoimpex that stated they will only sell new APX and at significantly higher price. I guess that other sellers will be able to tell their customers what they are buying, too.

Sure, we will probably again be guessing who makes the new APX, but one thing is certain - it's not Agfa APX.

APX has been newly packaged old stock ever since its return (or so I'm told) so was always going to run out. At least there will be another film in its place. So in my book this is a good thing.
The hope dies last.
I expect a repacked already available film...

Now people will know this is NOT old Agfa APX. Provided that they buy it from Fotoimpex that stated they will only sell new APX and at significantly higher price. I guess that other sellers will be able to tell their customers what they are buying, too.

Sure, we will probably again be guessing who makes the new APX, but one thing is certain - it's not Agfa APX.
... in a few months - yes.
Fotoimpex still sells their last 1000 rolls of the old version.

I've still 10 rolls of the regular stuff, I'll try the new film when they are gone. If it's not my taste I'm going to shoot silvermax which is an excellent film really.

And +1 for APX100 being the favorite ISO100 (and also pushed to 200) film here.

I've still 10 rolls of the regular stuff, I'll try the new film when they are gone. If it's not my taste I'm going to shoot silvermax which is an excellent film really.

And +1 for APX100 being the favorite ISO100 (and also pushed to 200) film here.
Yes, not that hard to find a decent 35mm 100 ISO film.
But I miss APX100 in 120 and sheet... :(

Back