Agfa APX 100 & 400 back for good - new batch!!!

Bumping this thread in hopes of getting some advice on development times for “APX 100.”

So I purchased, in 2021 I think, some rolls of Agfa APX 100 film from B&H. I’ve now shot two of the rolls and want to develop them in Rodinal 1+50. The Agfa tech sheet for APX 100 in Rodinal at this dilution indicates a development time of 17 minutes. The Massive Dev. chart indicates 10 mins., and you can find times in between on the web.

My question is: do I really have original APX 100? After reading this thread and looking back at the box the film came in, I see that it was “made in UK” and “produced and distributed by Lupus Imaging…”. The box also indicates that the film should be processed before Mar. 2026. So I’m wondering if this is some other film stock than the old APX 100, and whether the development time of 17 mins. from the Agfa tech sheet actually applies to this film.

Any advice out there on whether I should stick to the recommended time on the Agfa tech sheet (17 mins. for Rodinal 1+50) or use a different time? Many thanks in advance!!!

Thanks, AgBr. That may be good advice. The datasheet for Ilfotec DDX (dated 2019) gives the same dev times for Kentmere 100 (at 100) and APX 100: 10:30 mins. at 20C. I may develop these rolls in DDX instead of Rodinal, and go w/ that dev. time.

I agree with @AgBr, rumor has it that the 'new' APX100 and 400 are actually rebranded Kentmere films. I'm not sure if that is true, but I have had good results with treating them equally when developing in HC110. 7:00 mins in 31+1 HC110 is a good start when exposed at box speed. I have not tried them with other developers, though.

Back