Another new hot-shoe mounted light meter

justins7

Well-known
Local time
10:08 PM
I just got a new mini hot-shoe mounted light meter that I want to share info about. I bought it from seller "industrialmechanical" on Ebay; I took a chance, since there were no reviews out there that I could find.
I must say it's pretty nifty and only cost around $55. I really like the simple, utilitarian design with just a red button and wheel.
Black aluminum, OLED display, rechargeable via USB C, and comes with two hot-shoe mounts, one metal and one plastic, with multiple mounting positions. It seems fairly accurate. I still have not tried it in the cold though, which is an important point for me.

Two negatives: there is no exposure lock, so it is always taking readings constantly.
It stays on for a long time before automatically shutting off — about 1:30. There does not seem to be any way to customize this. However, at first it bugged me but now I find myself taking continuous readings and I've gotten used to it.

I currently also have a Doomo D meter, which I love, but it can be somewhat cumbersome and the aperture dial always shifts during transport. The new meter is smaller.
I also have a Raveni, which has been a disaster since it won't work in cold weather at all and it eats batteries and the buttons and display don't work much of the time. It's the smallest of the bunch, but was a waste of money.

So far, so good!

Attachments

• IMG_8027 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8027 Large.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8028 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8028 Large.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 25
Back