Any advice for Colombia!

am curious its possible to non-recidents to go holidaying and trips to another country, like its year 2019 :eek:

I've lived this pandemic year in Thailand. now its finally possible to travel here from abroad, but there is 2 week quarantine in hotel (paid by traveler) awaiting + insurance fees etc. costs involved.

To enter Guatemala now requires 2 week quarantine OR negative Covid-19 test (PCR or antigen). I know a couple of people who just went, and took them for their tests (antigen).

Yes, I travel with health insurance.

Check the policy fine print. I have never found any travel insurance I could buy whose health clauses were not voided the instant a pandemic is declared by the WHO (I was overseas during the first SARS outbreak, and that was only declared a ‘health emergency’ but that was enough to change the policy too), essentially meaning you are not covered if you contract COVID when travelling. But I am Australian, and maybe the products available to you differ.

Marty

I could think of a few reasons to limit travel to Colombia for essential reasons, only, at this point. But I am under the impression that you insist on going there anyway. When looking at Colombia's Covid data, I was surprised to learn that the authorities have lifted some, if not all Covid related travel restrictions, even though local community transmissions remain at very high levels. Have a look at the relevant CDC and the local American Embassy pages. Oh, yeah, apart from the virus, there are widespread security concerns too. Why Colombia...a cheap ticket?

Back