Any experience of leica 90mm f2 mkiii on zm

kram

Well-known
Local time
2:56 AM
Hi I am thinking of getting a leica 90mm f2 mk iii (1980s vintage) for use with my zm. These now seem to be a similar price to the f2.8 version, which reports say are better (higher res, less falll off, less distortion). Fromm
F5.6 and beyound it is supposed to be as sharp as the f2.8. What are peoples oppionions of it at f4 and wider. If only zeiss made a f2.8 I would go for that. If this post was in the leica section, I would expect people to just say get it. Note, I am happy with all of my zm lens wide open...35mm f2, sonnar f1.5, 25mm f2.8.

For its vintage, the 90 pre-asph is a great lens. I use mine more frequently than the newer model because I like the way it renders. If you are happy with the Sonnar 1.5, you will probably like the 90. It works fine on the ZM and the difference between the 85 frame and the 90 fov is minimal at best. It's a wonderful lens and a good combination with the ZM.

I now have the lens, very happy with it at all aperatures. A fine lens. Last used it with XP2 Plus.

Last edited:
Back